Glad I'm Not a Broncos Fan

The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
edited April 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Tebow at 25.

YIKES! Only 50 picks too early. Other than that...great pick

at least he looked good playing against the middle school kids on the hoops court.

GO BRONCOS!! hahaha. being an eagles fan is tough, but I can't even imagine going thru a draft day like that (and it's only the first day of the draft!!)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PorchsitterPorchsitter Posts: 1,069
    As a Georgia fan, I've wanted to hate Tebow for a long time, but I have to say the guy is all character which for a league that's having disciplinary problems with some of their star players could be good for the NFL. The guy has a winning persona which translated very well at the college level, but we're about to see if that same character can do the same at the professional level. I wish Tebow and the Broncos the best of luck, but I am glad my team didn't take him.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • there were alot of fans (ie morons) in philly that wanted Tebow, which I think would have been a huge mistake to bring in a rookie to back up your nearly a rookie. I wish the guy luck though, Tebow at least appears to not be the same kind of junk-toting moron that Big Ben is and better for the league who is starting to sound more and more like the NBA.
    he still gives his love, he just gives it away, the love he receives is the love that he'll save...
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    As am I, but I hope Tebow does well in the NFL.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Hey man, screw you! Oh, oh, the Denver Broncos. Never mind. Carry on. I'll just be over here chillin' with the BSU Broncos. 8-)
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I'm starting to wonder if McDaniels is a mole planted by Belichick to destroy the Broncos franchise.

Kyle Orton could probably use a hug right now . . or an offensive lineman. Orton is almost certainly doomed to finish his career in Buffalo.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    there were alot of fans (ie morons) in philly that wanted Tebow, which I think would have been a huge mistake to bring in a rookie to back up your nearly a rookie. I wish the guy luck though, Tebow at least appears to not be the same kind of junk-toting moron that Big Ben is and better for the league who is starting to sound more and more like the NBA.

Starting to sound more like the NBA? The NFL has tolerated the trashiest/dirtiest/most law breaking players the longer than any other pro league. Dog fighting? DUI killers? presumed murderers? Rapist star QB's? The NFL's got it all. Not to mention their obvious PED problem and how they're ignoring it.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i don't like him, and i'm suprised he went in the first round ahead of McCoy and that ND kid, but i think he could end up being a pretty good player.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Hey man, screw you! Oh, oh, the Denver Broncos. Never mind. Carry on. I'll just be over here chillin' with the BSU Broncos. 8-)
    Thanks for Wilson at #29. We will enjoy him in NY.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    eyedclaar wrote:

Bahahhaahaha I was shitting myself wondering what was going on, but it is a different Broncos to my beloved boys...different code and country.......phew ......you may proceed..... :lol:
  • cajunkiwicajunkiwi Posts: 984
    Still not sure why people are so convinced Tebow will be a flop. All he did at Florida was win a few national championships, throw or rush for 145 touchdowns (he has more rushing TDs than Herschel Walker and more passing TDs than any SEC quarterback not named Peyton Manning or Danny Wuerffel), set the second-highest EVER passer rating (behind only Bradford), completed 65% of his passes, threw picks on fewer than 2% of his passes... and he did it all while going up against SEC defenses week in and week out.

A lot of experts are carrying on as if he will 100% definitely be a flop in the NFL... based on nothing more than the fact that he doesn't "look" like a prototypical quarterback. Well... you know who did look like one? JaMarcus Russell, of my beloved LSU Tigers. JMR was insanely gifted - but dumber than a box of rocks. He can throw a ball 80 yards from his knees, but still hasn't learned the Raiders playbook. How are you liking those perfect mechanics, Raiders fans?

Tebow does have a few issues with his mechanics - like leaving the ball sticking out in mid-air too long before he throws - but by all accounts he's been working overtime to square those issues away for months now.

I'm not saying the kid is going to be a Hall of Famer one day - I have no idea how his career will plan out. I just think that with his track record of success in a conference loaded with wickedly tough defenses, it seems a little premature to declare him a bust before he's even played a single NFL down.
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    cajunkiwi wrote:
    Still not sure why people are so convinced Tebow will be a flop. All he did at Florida was win a few national championships, throw or rush for 145 touchdowns (he has more rushing TDs than Herschel Walker and more passing TDs than any SEC quarterback not named Peyton Manning or Danny Wuerffel), set the second-highest EVER passer rating (behind only Bradford), completed 65% of his passes, threw picks on fewer than 2% of his passes... and he did it all while going up against SEC defenses week in and week out.

A lot of experts are carrying on as if he will 100% definitely be a flop in the NFL... based on nothing more than the fact that he doesn't "look" like a prototypical quarterback. Well... you know who did look like one? JaMarcus Russell, of my beloved LSU Tigers. JMR was insanely gifted - but dumber than a box of rocks. He can throw a ball 80 yards from his knees, but still hasn't learned the Raiders playbook. How are you liking those perfect mechanics, Raiders fans?

Tebow does have a few issues with his mechanics - like leaving the ball sticking out in mid-air too long before he throws - but by all accounts he's been working overtime to square those issues away for months now.

I'm not saying the kid is going to be a Hall of Famer one day - I have no idea how his career will plan out. I just think that with his track record of success in a conference loaded with wickedly tough defenses, it seems a little premature to declare him a bust before he's even played a single NFL down.
    does chris leak or brock berlin ring a bell to you. how bout the great rex grossman or danny wuerffel or jesse palmer. all busts in the nfl and all did good in college at florida. teabow's name will be added to that list in a few years.

god bless ;);)
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• cajunkiwicajunkiwi Posts: 984
    metsfan wrote:
    cajunkiwi wrote:

does chris leak or brock berlin ring a bell to you. how bout the great rex grossman or danny wuerffel or jesse palmer. all busts in the nfl and all did good in college at florida. teabow's name will be added to that list in a few years.

god bless ;);)

I guess since Jason White blew chunks then Sam Bradford should just retire right now and get it over and done with. Everyone probably passed on Clausen because of Powlus too. Dez Bryant probably slid because of Rashaun Woods (or does this analogy not apply to receivers?). Will Quinn emerge as the starter this year because he went to the same school as Montana and Theismann? And how the hell did Quinn fail so miserably in Cleveland after attending a school that produced an awesome quarterback as recently as... 1978? (unless you're a huge Steve Beuerlein fan... in which case I'll give you 1986. He did make one Pro Bowl, after all)

Given the turnover rate of coaches, exactly what relevance does this argument have? How many members of Florida's offensive staff coached Grossman, Wuerffel, and Palmer? LSU has produced NFL Hall of Fame and MVP quarterbacks - and that certainly isn't helping Russell. If the coaching staff stayed the same the whole time, and the guys who coached Grossman, Wuerffel, and Palmer were the same guys coaching Tebow (Leak was never THAT good), then I'd agree. But they weren't. So I won't. The argument bugs me as much as the guys on ESPN saying "Though these two teams haven't meet since 1998, Team X holds a 20-15 edge over Team Y in the all-time standings, so I think you have to give the advantage to them."

But since you apparently have the ability to see the future, you should use your powers for good. What will the weather be like in New Orleans next Saturday? And did the Saints totally screw the pooch with their pick last night?
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    cajunkiwi wrote:

I guess since Jason White blew chunks then Sam Bradford should just retire right now and get it over and done with. Everyone probably passed on Clausen because of Powlus too. Dez Bryant probably slid because of Rashaun Woods (or does this analogy not apply to receivers?). Will Quinn emerge as the starter this year because he went to the same school as Montana and Theismann? And how the hell did Quinn fail so miserably in Cleveland after attending a school that produced an awesome quarterback as recently as... 1978? (unless you're a huge Steve Beuerlein fan... in which case I'll give you 1986. He did make one Pro Bowl, after all)

Given the turnover rate of coaches, exactly what relevance does this argument have? How many members of Florida's offensive staff coached Grossman, Wuerffel, and Palmer? LSU has produced NFL Hall of Fame and MVP quarterbacks - and that certainly isn't helping Russell. If the coaching staff stayed the same the whole time, and the guys who coached Grossman, Wuerffel, and Palmer were the same guys coaching Tebow (Leak was never THAT good), then I'd agree. But they weren't. So I won't. The argument bugs me as much as the guys on ESPN saying "Though these two teams haven't meet since 1998, Team X holds a 20-15 edge over Team Y in the all-time standings, so I think you have to give the advantage to them."

But since you apparently have the ability to see the future, you should use your powers for good. What will the weather be like in New Orleans next Saturday? And did the Saints totally screw the pooch with their pick last night?

i watched teabow played every game in college football and thought at best hes a below average qb. anyone can win at a school that has talent like florida does. shit just look at teabow's throwing motion in college. he was in the shotgun for most of his time in college. just cause you do good in college doesn't mean you will do good in the pro's. look at how much of a bust eric crouch was in the nfl and he was considered one of the greatest college players ever just like teabow :roll:. if teabow is such a good qb then why wasn't he picked at #1 instead of being projected in the 3rd or even worse. why do "experts" think clausen a more polished qb when didn't win a lick a ND. only good thing he did was break almost every qb record at ND. that's not say much considering the amount of legendary qb's ND has had :roll: . teabow will get laid before he wins a playoff game as a starting qb :lol::lol:

god bless ;);)
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Listen ...

The fact that all these coaches, scouts and execs have been doing this all their lives and they still fuck up draft picks constantly, and cannot judge talents like Brady, Montana, Leaf, Meier et al properly, well, if they can't do it, there's no way in hell any of us can do it either ...

There are no certainties, so put all your dicks away.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    eyedclaar wrote:

Bahahhaahaha I was shitting myself wondering what was going on, but it is a different Broncos to my beloved boys...different code and country.......phew ......you may proceed..... :lol:

LOL I thought the same.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    metsfan wrote:
    cajunkiwi wrote:

i watched teabow played every game in college football and thought at best hes a below average qb. anyone can win at a school that has talent like florida does. shit just look at teabow's throwing motion in college. he was in the shotgun for most of his time in college. just cause you do good in college doesn't mean you will do good in the pro's. look at how much of a bust eric crouch was in the nfl and he was considered one of the greatest college players ever just like teabow :roll:. if teabow is such a good qb then why wasn't he picked at #1 instead of being projected in the 3rd or even worse. why do "experts" think clausen a more polished qb when didn't win a lick a ND. only good thing he did was break almost every qb record at ND. that's not say much considering the amount of legendary qb's ND has had :roll: . teabow will get laid before he wins a playoff game as a starting qb :lol::lol:

god bless ;);)

this post made me laugh out loud

tebow hardly had to throw the ball at Florida. when he did it was bubble screens, quick slants, and wheel routes. anyone that thinks he will be productive as an NFL QB is kidding themselves. he's a goal line threat at best...he is a beast at pushing the pile. nothing wrong with that, but I wouldn't waste a 1st round pick on a goal line qb.

that being said, I'm rooting for the guy too. I'd love to see him prove critics wrong. He is a breath of fresh air to the NFL (even though I'm not religious). the nfl gets away with murder (literally).

I just don't see him doing well...certainly not a 1st round pick