-faithfull
-Indifference
-Parting Ways
-Animal
-MFC (w/ untitled intro)

did I say
-all those yesturdays?
...I cant' stress that one enough.

I think it's been about eight years since they've played in Indy last...just about 2 weeks away now!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• fdavidfdavid Posts: 76
    2000 Set was amazing. 98 show was high energy and great. Ticket price to the 98 show - lower pavillion - $23 plus fee of $3 = $26.00 total. I think the '98 show is when Eddie read aloud the just-released Bill Clinton speach (I did not have sexual relations with that woman) and the band then dedicated "Better Man" to Hillary.

Note: Indy is the only outdoor show on the tour.
    Soldier Field 95, Indy/Deer Creek 98, Indy/Deer Creek 2000, Cinci 2006, Tampa 2008, Columbus 2010, Indy 2010, Chicago United Center 2009, PJ20 Alpine Valley both, Chicago Wrigley 2013, Philly 2013 night 2, Charlotte 13, LA 1 '13, LA2 '13, Cinci '14, Denver '14, Tampa '16, Lexington '16, Chicago Wrigley Nite 1 2016
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,182
    I have a feeling this is going to be the sleeper show. Ed so close to Chicago maybe some family there & friends there hopefully we will get a kick ass set.
  • pjfan021pjfan021 Posts: 684
    shadowcast wrote:
    I have a feeling this is going to be the sleeper show. Ed so close to Chicago maybe some family there & friends there hopefully we will get a kick ass set.

i think this will be a better than average show as well... only outdoor venue is huge (can't believe they don't do more). Gotta hear immortality.
  • fdavid wrote:
    2000 Set was amazing. 98 show was high energy and great. Ticket price to the 98 show - lower pavillion - $23 plus fee of $3 = $26.00 total. I think the '98 show is when Eddie read aloud the just-released Bill Clinton speach (I did not have sexual relations with that woman) and the band then dedicated "Better Man" to Hillary.

Hate to burst the bubble, but the Washington D.C./Bristow is at an outside venue too.
    Shows Attended
    2008 - Bonnaroo
    2009 - Chicago 1
    2010 - St Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis, Washington D.C
    2011 - Pearl Jam Twenty Festival
    2012 - Music Midtown Festival
    2013 - Wrigley, Dallas, Oklahoma City
    2014 - St. Louis, Memphis
    2016- Greenville, Lexington, Bonnaroo, Wrigley 1
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    fdavid wrote:

Hate to burst the bubble, but the Washington D.C./Bristow is at an outside venue too.

Not 100% sure but I think Jazzfest is outdoors, too.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • BhagavadGitaBhagavadGita Posts: 1,748
    Nothing beats the lawn at Deer Creek Music Center.

Music, the stars and the moon all mixed together. The only place I ever got to see Pearl Jam living in Indiana growing up.....

The Gorge is the most beautiful venue I've ever seen, but Deer Creek, there is something simple to it that frames the music so well. My mother can hear the shows at Deer Creek from her home. I hope we get great weather.
  • blorpblorp Posts: 34
    That Deer Creek Show (Now they call it Verizon Wireless Center... which sucks because there's a couple hundred VMCs across the states but there was only one Deer Creek) ...anyway, the show in '98 was my very first concert.

Eddie read Clinton's speech...They played nothingman (my favorite song at the time)...if I'm not mistaken, didn't Ed start the show by saying "let's light it up, fuckers" ??? I think he was poking fun at Iggy pop because he kept saying that over and over during his opening set.

I'm very excited about this new Indy show... the show in 2000 was really good too.
  • I am looking forward to this concert for many reasons. It will be my fourth Pearl Jam concert in 5 days. It will be in my hometown as I currently reside in Omaha. It is an outdoor venue and the fact that it was the site of my very first Pearl Jam concert. But other than that I am not looking forward to the staff there because they have been dicks the last few times i have been there.
    Noblesville 6/22/2003 St. Louis 5/4/2010 East Troy 9/4/2011
    Cleveland 5/20/2006 Columbus 5/6/2010 Chicago 7/19/2013
    Cincinnatti 6/24/2006 Noblesville 5/7/2010. Buffalo 10/12/2013
    Lollapalooza 8/5/2007 Mountain View 10/23/2010 Cincinnatti 10/1/2014
    Washington D.C. 6/22/2008 Mountain View 10/24/2010 St. Louis 10/3/2014
    Chicago 8/22/2008(EV Solo) St. Louis 7/1/2011 (EV Solo) St. Paul 10/19/2014
    Kansas City 5/3/2010 East Troy 9/3/2011 Milwaukee 10/20/2014
    Hampton 4/18/2016 Columbia 4/21/2016 Lexington 4/26/2016
    NYC 5/2/2016
  • This will be my third, and final, show of this tour and the, if my math is correct, 12th show total. But amazingly, it will be my first in my hometown. I've lived in Indiana all my life, but didn't go to any of the past shows at Deer Creek. In 2000, the show was on the same night of the first football game of my senior year. In 2003, I couldn't make it because of a family reunion for my girlfriend's family.

So, I'm really, really, really pumped about this show. Plus, we've got a ton of friends who aren't the biggest Pearl Jam fans, but are still excited about this show probably just from being around me. Should be a big party before.

I'm also hoping to reverse my luck at Deer Creek, where I've actually only seen two concerts ever. In 2008, we went to Eric Clapton and a horribly bad late spring thunderstorm hit right as the show was finishing. We were without power all night, soaked to the bone and had to dodge tree branches and car accidents all the way back from the venue. Then, last year, we tagged along with some friends thanks to free tickets to Dave Matthews. My wife broke her foot in the lawn when she stepped in a hole. That was a long night.

But we've got Ten Club seats this time around, so we should stay dry if any storms hit and hopefully no broken bones will result from missteps.
  • Johnny WongJohnny Wong Posts: 193
    Looking forward to this one. I haven't been to Deer Creek since June of '91 for a Dead show, it's a beautiful venue. I hope they play "Off He Goes"....I just hope Mo's isn't too much of a madhouse before the show... I could barely get a beer at that event in Chicago... The staff at that place just looked flabbergasted. Mo's is a nice place though, we have one here in 'Tosa. What is this I hear about no tailgating?!? I might just chill at Sleepybear and tailgate, especially if we have good weather...
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++