Concert promotions?

Backspacer_BackerBackspacer_Backer Posts: 1,023
edited April 2010 in The Porch
OK, so I don't mean to start another one of these threads, but I just looked for curiosity's sake at the shows in Missouri and other Midwestern sites. I'm stunned that they are not sold out, and what really bothers me is how many people to whom I've said something about Pearl Jam coming to Columbus and they had no idea. Several of them immediately went and ordered tickets. I realize this was a late-announced tour, but who is responsible for promoting these events? I've seen tons of ads on TV for Rush and others who are coming to Nationwide Arena, but ZERO for Pearl Jam. Doesn't make sense to me.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• J_LAWNJ_LAWN Posts: 163
    it's all about your local radio stations to get the word out for big concerts, usually with ticket giveaways. I know for the Buffalo show, our rock station actually contacted ten club to try to arrange a pre sale (after the TC presale) for people who were members on the stations website
  • Well how do you not play Chicago when you come to the mid west?
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Well how do you not play Chicago when you come to the mid west?
    I can't figure it out either. How hard is this for them to get?

LA
    Seattle
    Portland
    San Fran
    Chicago
    DC
    Philly
    NYC
    Hartford
    Boston

There's your tour. All sell outs. All great shows.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925