10c is getting punked by ticketmaster?

pearljamdude420pearljamdude420 Posts: 1,380
edited April 2010 in The Porch
so whats the deal with 10c tickets this year? i been a member since 98, and there has been multiple different types of systems for tickets. i been to a ton of shows, but new york city/newark, is the only time i got fucked over with 10c for tickets. i got msg 1, after 80mins of painful trying, and then night 2 i tried over 3 hours till it says out of stock, then for newark it sold out before it even went on sale at noon hour. so 2 out of 3 shows i plan for this year , i cant get tickets that isnt very cool.

im sure lot of people are in same boat for ny city/newark?

even philly 4 nights last year didnt have this problem, not even close.

is ticketmaster taking more seats every year? i remember riot act you could get a pair for any show as many shows as you wanted
then before that it was fair too, when you were only allowed to get 1 pair for 1 show o the tour.

but now it seems that the scalpers get all the good seats, and 10c doesnt get as many from ticketmaster for presales????
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• it's hard to get tickets for NY/NJ because there's 10 million members all trying to get tix at once. You have the entire northeast plus Ontario (WHOOHOO) trying to get tickets. I'm pretty sure 10C reserves the first two floor sections and two sections on either side of the stage for its members. whatever tickets aren't sold go back into ticketmaster's pool.
    No need to be void,... or save up on life...
    You got to spend it all.....

PJ
    Toronto 2003 · Boston I, 2004 · Kitchener 2005 · London 2005 · Hamilton 2005 · Toronto 2005 · Toronto I, 2006 · Toronto II, 2006 · Mansfield I, 2008 · Mansfield II, 2008 · Philadelphia III, 2009 · Philadelphia IV, 2009 · Cleveland 2010 · *Buffalo 2010* · PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY 2011 · Toronto I, 2011 · Toronto II, 2011 · Hamilton 2011 · London (ON) 2013 · Buffalo 2013 · Toronto I, 2016 · Toronto II, 2016 · Chicago I, 2018 · Chicago II, 2018

EV
    Montreal I, 2008 · Montreal II, 2008 · Albany 2009 · Philadelphia 2011 · Fort Lauderdale I, 2012 · Orlando I, 2012 · Orlando II, 2012
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    so whats the deal with 10c tickets this year? i been a member since 98, and there has been multiple different types of systems for tickets. i been to a ton of shows, but new york city/newark, is the only time i got fucked over with 10c for tickets. i got msg 1, after 80mins of painful trying, and then night 2 i tried over 3 hours till it says out of stock, then for newark it sold out before it even went on sale at noon hour. so 2 out of 3 shows i plan for this year , i cant get tickets that isnt very cool.

is ticketmaster taking more seats every year? i remember riot act you could get a pair for any show as many shows as you wanted
    then before that it was fair too, when you were only allowed to get 1 pair for 1 show o the tour.

but now it seems that the scalpers get all the good seats, and 10c doesnt get as many from ticketmaster for presales????
    Philly 4 they got more tickets than the normal allotment so they lasted forever

In 03 they toured the entire country. Now they are touring a small section of it so more people are traveling to the shows from out of town. That added to only 10 shows makes supply much smaller than demand in the big markets.
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

Post edited by Admin.
  • JC29856 wrote:

its not, i dont think anyone who got a msg ticket 10c, got newark. newark was sold out by 3:00 24 second.
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    The Philly venue was a non ticketmaster venue so maybe ten club got more seats than usual from comcasttix. I know they did for nights 1 and 4 but maybe in general they got more than the 10-15% tm allots for the other 2 nights.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
    its not, i dont think anyone who got a msg ticket 10c, got newark. newark was sold out by 3:00 24 second.
    I did... a bunch of people did, but a lot of the tickets were sold before the restrictions were lifted which is why they went that fast.
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Pearl Jam should seriously consider doing paperless tickets through TM in the future to prevent scalpers from scooping up all the good seats.I bought my Boston tickets 2 minutes after they went on sale and I am 7 rows deep in the balcony. Now I go on these secondary ticket websites and I see all these pairs in the loge for about $200-$250/ticket.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,688
    youngster wrote:
    Pearl Jam should seriously consider doing paperless tickets through TM in the future to prevent scalpers from scooping up all the good seats.I bought my Boston tickets 2 minutes after they went on sale and I am 7 rows deep in the balcony. Now I go on these secondary ticket websites and I see all these pairs in the loge for about $200-$250/ticket.
    Paperless tickets for arena shows would be quite an undertaking. In theaters its far more plausible.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • the same thing happened with the msg shows in 08. it's just demand outweighing supply. nothing new here.
  • it's hard to get tickets for NY/NJ because there's 10 million members all trying to get tix at once. You have the entire northeast plus Ontario (WHOOHOO) trying to get tickets. I'm pretty sure 10C reserves the first two floor sections and two sections on either side of the stage for its members. whatever tickets aren't sold go back into ticketmaster's pool.

dont know about that, i went to past msg shows never had a problem getting 10c, and also holmdel in 2003 no problems again,

i think ticketmaster is taking more seats, or more people are travel to shows cause they arent playing many. they probably should try to think of something better though. i mean the system was better in the past. its rough to only get 10c for 1 out of 3 shows.

msg and prud are no small venues either, but if they gonna sell out so easy, the would of been better off playing maybe 2 shows in bigger venue? how many does randalls island hold? that place dont have seats? if they could of had 40,000 fit in there, they should of gone there instead. and fuck msg,

and at standing room only, scalpers cant fuck with prices so much, especialy in bigger venues. that is why the europe tour is fuckin sweet, a bunch of seats are standing only.

and NOBODY SITS AT PJ SHOWS ANYWAY>

i never had any problems with msg 08

i think ticketmaster is taking more seats, or more people are travel to shows cause they arent playing many. they probably should try to think of something better though. i mean the system was better in the past. its rough to only get 10c for 1 out of 3 shows.

I got shut out of MSG 08 and a ton of others did too... if you had no problems you are extremely lucky or forgetting how it was. I dont know... either way... it was hard for a ton of people.
    Poncier wrote:
    youngster wrote:
    Paperless tickets for arena shows would be quite an undertaking. In theaters its far more plausible.

The Garden in Boston seats roughly 16,000 give or take. My wife bought Jack Johnson tix a couple weeks ago at Comcast Center in Mansfield. Those were paperless tix and the venue seats 19,000. I'm just thinking that real PJ fans would get better seats at face and not the scalpers. I'm not even sure who's decision it is. It must be the performer or band management that makes this happen, no?

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,832
    shorter tours
    and the proliferation of auction sites where any joe blow can be a scalper
    and after blowing the doors off Philly
    east coast demand went up
    and MSG is a destination concert for people all over the world

its just a numbers game-too many people trying for too few tickets

longer tours would go a long way towards solving the problem

but then I would see them less here in NYC
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,688
    youngster wrote:
    Poncier wrote:
    youngster wrote:

The Garden in Boston seats roughly 16,000 give or take. My wife bought Jack Johnson tix a couple weeks ago at Comcast Center in Mansfield. Those were paperless tix and the venue seats 19,000. I'm just thinking that real PJ fans would get better seats at face and not the scalpers. I'm not even sure who's decision it is. It must be the performer or band management that makes this happen, no?
    The paperless tix for Jack is not the entire Great Woods, just the pavilion.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier wrote:
    they have done it before at MSG
    for Hannah Montana and Bruce I believe

There is a company that make turnstiles where you have to scan your license to get into the show.
    I know this has been done in some cities to combat the E-ticket scams going on
  • Sort of unrelated but - I think this grand conspiracy about scalpers getting 'most' of the seats is a bit overdone. The thread below was really informative and seems to be from a reliable source. I think the perception of scalping growing exponentially is that it's not just ticket brokers who rig the system to drain it now - it's your buddy who got 2 pairs of tickets but only needs one so will fling the spare onto eBay or Craigslist or StubHub or any other place we see essentially the same tickets listed multiple times.

Though not perfect, I think 10c does one of the best jobs with ticket sales. Their willingness to try suggestions they see posted here to evolve the process is why I keep my membership. I may not always get tickets (no MSG for me), but I know they're working on making it the fairest possible system. I did score my Newark tickets today so I thank them for the MSG free-zone that helped that along. :)

Stopping scalping is easy, btw. Don't buy scalped tickets.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=126177
    Why go home?
  • Thanks PeteThanks Pete NYC Posts: 613
    so whats the deal with 10c tickets this year? i been a member since 98, and there has been multiple different types of systems for tickets. i been to a ton of shows, but new york city/newark, is the only time i got fucked over with 10c for tickets. i got msg 1, after 80mins of painful trying, and then night 2 i tried over 3 hours till it says out of stock, thenvery cool.

for newark it sold out before it even went on sale at noon hour. so 2 out of 3 shows i plan for this year , i cant get tickets that isnt

Did you get shut out for both MSG shows and Newark?
    Poncier wrote:

Oh, I didn't know that. I thought it was the whole venue.

Sort of unrelated but - I think this grand conspiracy about scalpers getting 'most' of the seats is a bit overdone.
    I happen to think that the proliferation of the auction sites has increased the number of people that scalp.
    mostly, people that have access to tickets for personal use are now hoarding more tickets to sell online (I know for a fact this happens).
    TM is most definitely withholding god tickets from the public onsales
    And finally, I believe that the % of people in the 10c that scalp their tickets has increased-just masturbatory speculation there.

But part of what you say is true, mostly members/ fans end up with the 10c tickets-the problem is that they have become much more difficult to get in recent years and access to tickets outside the 10c is a real crapshoot-especially in the tougher markets like NYC
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    if i can;t get a great seat through TM tomorrow or saturday for newark, i'm going right to stubhub and spending $300-400 for SWEET FUCKIN SEAT!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,272

i think you are in the minority on this one
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,272
    Poncier wrote:
    youngster wrote:

i saw acdc with 55000 other fans
    they had paperless
    i was 12th row center

not every ticket is paperless. just certain sections

its a great idea IMO
  • GratefulJamGratefulJam Posts: 1,802
    it's hard to get tickets for NY/NJ because there's 10 million members all trying to get tix at once. You have the entire northeast plus Ontario (WHOOHOO) trying to get tickets. I'm pretty sure 10C reserves the first two floor sections and two sections on either side of the stage for its members. whatever tickets aren't sold go back into ticketmaster's pool.

dont know about that, i went to past msg shows never had a problem getting 10c, and also holmdel in 2003 no problems again,

msg and prud are no small venues either, but if they gonna sell out so easy, the would of been better off playing maybe 2 shows in bigger venue? how many does randalls island hold? that place dont have seats? if they could of had 40,000 fit in there, they should of gone there instead. and fuck msg,

and at standing room only, scalpers cant fuck with prices so much, especialy in bigger venues. that is why the europe tour is fuckin sweet, a bunch of seats are standing only.

and NOBODY SITS AT PJ SHOWS ANYWAY>

dude MSG 08 was the worst. If you got tickets no problem you are unique, the first night went on sale at 9 and the site crashed until about ten minutes before the second day and then it crashed again.
    "thru extensive negotiations we managed to get the curfew moved back..... we still don't have any time to fu&k around...."

LA II 06, SB 06, SF III 06, Kokua 07 Ed and Jack, Grant Park 07, EV Berk1 & LA 1 (nice job 10c), 08 DC, MSG1 &2, VH1 rocks, EV Bos II, EV NYC I & II, Milwaukee, EV Maui, EV Hono I & II, Chicago 09 I & II, LA 09 I & II & IV, SD 09 (my girlfriend hit the lottery, best concert of my life 10C rocks)KC 2010, STL 2010, Hartford. Boston, and MSG I & II "who goes around skinning cats anyway", PJ 20 2011 , Portland, Spokane, Seattle LA 2013, Home Shows + Missoula (fatal 👌)