"I'd love to hear Ed Ved sing with us" Brian Fallon, TGA

raindog80raindog80 Posts: 1,159
edited April 2010 in The Porch
http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/F ... them-0420/

New Jersey’s The Gaslight Anthem have quickly surfaced as one of the punk underground’s most accomplished musical units after completing successful tours with acts like Against Me!, the Loved Ones and the Bouncing Souls. Lead singer and guitarist Brain Fallon tells Gibson.com about his musical heroes Eric Clapton and Eddie Vedder and the experience of having Bruce Springsteen join them on stage at the Glastonbury Festival last summer.

You are due to tour the UK in June to showcase tracks from your forthcoming third studio album American Slang. Your UK tour will see you perform at the Reading & Leeds Festival and in Hyde Park supporting Pearl Jam. What can your fans expect from The Gaslight Anthem this summer?

This tour is all about playing the new record as well as the old ones. We're going to pull out some very cool covers, some old songs we haven't played in a while, and pretty much all of the new record. We're going to mix it up for people. We always have surprises live

Last year saw the Boss, Mr. Bruce Springsteen, join you on stage for a blistering performance of “The 59 Sound.” Have you got any other icons of rock to join you on stage this summer?

So far, just the big man. He set the bar high so everybody else might be shy. There's always an open invite to Eric Clapton, pass that on. I'd love to hear Eddie Vedder sing with us. He’s been a huge hero for me since I was very young.
"I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
pearljamonline.it