Question about ticket raffle

Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,831
edited April 2010 in The Porch
⁃ Ten Club tickets are for reserved seating and allocated by membership seniority, with the exception of rows 1-2 and rows 9-10 which will be used for random allocation.

So, everyone who would normally be in rows 1 and 2, are bumped to row 3 and 4. Everyone normally in row 3 and 4 are bumped to row 5 and 6. Everyone normally in rows 9-10 are bumped to 11-12.

That, I understand.

However, everyone in rows 3-8 are also entered into the drawing, right?

Could someone in row 8 could win row 1 or 2?
Could someone in row 3 could win row 9 or 10?

If it was up to me, people in rows 3-8 should be locked into those rows to make it more fair for the people waaaaaaaaaay in the back of the 10 club seats, but that's just me.
Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Everyone with 10C tickets is entered into the lottery for those seats.
    “I worked really hard on this set. I just told you we’re gonna have a great night, so I don’t need any fuckin’ help from anybody.” EV, 7/2/09
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,407
    Wish I Was wrote:
    Everyone with 10C tickets is entered into the lottery for those seats.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,689
    You can't get worse seats from the Powerseats Jackpot drawing, so if you have a 5 digit number and would normally end up in row 1 or 2 with no lottery, you won't be part of the drawing for rows 9 and 10, you'll get your normally assigned seats 2 rows back if you don't win the drawing for row 1 or 2.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,831
    Poncier and others with the answer that I was looking for.

I'm a 279XXX, so I hope I get lucky. I'd be happy with 10th row. In 2003, I was close enough to see Ed's skateboard and the bottle of wine with my own eyes (as opposed to on the screen), but I couldn't actually make out any details of the wine bottle. Hopefully, I won't be farther back, or even in the back on the floor, which is what i'm semi-fearing. Since this is a mini-tour, tickets will be in super demand, although being in Columbus might be a bit of an advantage. I *did* get my ticket purchase confirmation email just minutes after they went on sale.

We all can't be those two lucky ones from Salt Lake City!
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"