Mike on Fringe

2»

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    :o :shock: can u say to him Greetings from Dimitris from Greece???pretty please!!!!!!just say to him a hello from me!! :)

"I just want to say...HELLLOOOOOOOO!"
    Thank u :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    Curious to see Mikes score tonight. Looks to be a good episode before the season finale's.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    Curious to see Mikes score tonight. Looks to be a good episode before the season finale's.
    its the last episode of season 2?
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

Not tonight, there is a two part season finale that begins next week I think.

Not tonight, there is a two part season finale that begins next week I think.
  • VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,924
    http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/;kw=[8662,144422]

By Andy Greene
    May 05, 2010 7:04 PM EDT
    A
    few months ago, producers of the Fox science fiction show Fringe contacted Pearl Jam about using their song "Just Breathe." After some back and forth they wound up with something even better: guitarist Mike McCready offered to compose the score for the entire episode. "I wasn't a huge fan of the show at first — but now I totally am," says McCready. "I like X-Files-type shows with government conspiracies and extra terrestrials and all that." The episode, titled "Northwest Passage," airs tomorrow.

McCready recently wrote the score for the surfing documentary Westsiders, and nearly a decade ago he contributed some music to Cameron Crowe's Almost Famous, but this is his first foray into television. "It's a completely different kind of songwriting than what I'm used to," he says. "Chris Chilton, who writes the music, gave me some ideas and I transcribed them on guitar. They told me they wanted some sort of Northwest, dark-type feelings. It's a very dark show, so I played a darker kind of guitar tone and even stuff that doesn't sound like guitar, and a little bit of piano." Trent Reznor previously teamed with the Fringe crew for a promo spot that aired last October.

The guitarist hopes to devote more of his time in the future to writing scores for movies and TV. "I like to have a lot of different creative outlets," McCready says. "It means working with a lot of people — directors, editors, musical supervisors and you have to appease all of them. I'm totally up for it."

In the meantime, he's keeping his day job in Pearl Jam, who just launched an American tour at the New Orleans Jazz Festival. "Our first show in New Orleans was a little shaky," he says. "We could have probably rehearsed a little more. The crowd seemed to love it though. I'm probably overanalyzing it. The second show in Kansas City was fantastic. Jeff Ament and I have been wanting to come back to the Midwest for a while because we've been neglecting it."

McCready says the band functions best when they do short tours spread throughout the year, rather than long slogs. "We're getting older and we've had some success so hopefully we can kind of call our shots more so than we have before," he says. "We've done those long and draining tours, but we probably never will again. We want to have a life outside of Pearl Jam, too."
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    I think this is on NOW.

The news from PJ said May 6th...
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
    CJMST3K wrote:
    I think this is on NOW.

The news from PJ said May 6th...

It is, almost over on the east coast
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Just finished watching the episode - Fringe is slowly becoming by favorite non-HBO/Showtime show.

Mike did a killer job and I like how he threw in some Band of Horses at the end.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    LukinFan wrote:
    Just finished watching the episode - Fringe is slowly becoming by favorite non-HBO/Showtime show.

Mike did a killer job and I like how he threw in some Band of Horses at the end.
    +1....i was watching the show,but last episode was so special!!!!! :)