Salvia divinorum

__ Posts: 6,651
edited April 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
What do you know about it? Anyone tried it?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    No, but it may be a better alternative in treating addictions...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvia_divinorum

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    Crazy stuff
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    Thanks y'all. Anyone have personal experiences they could share?
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    scb wrote:
    Thanks y'all. Anyone have personal experiences they could share?

I "spotted" for my buddy once... he just kept figeting in his chair like he was falling off...and the dining room table appeared to be the most fascinating thing he ever saw.
  • what a buzzkill.

I've done it quite a few times. First time made me (literally) feel like I was become fused with the wall. I WAS the wall. Boundaries disappear, everything flows into everything else, inanimate objects take on a personality, and you realize for a few seconds that life is one big shaggy-dog joke - and a bad one at that.

try shrooms or if you're really adventurous, lsd. These will provide a much more fulfilling and "enlightening" experience. Or if you REALLY want to know everything about everything, DMT. Beware, you will get a peek into what it is like to die. Seriously.

edit: by the way, there is a reason it is legal. It is not that fun. But hey, some people like it.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    How much did you guys use & in what form?

Edit: I mean how much & in what form did your friend use, Dissidentman. Thanks!
  • yellowporchyellowporch Posts: 510
    I've never tried it, but I enjoy these videos anyways, esp if stoned :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JPfnJVEr8E
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnwS5sPO ... re=channel
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,801
    Stephen colbert came alive thru my tv once..... I'm not a fan, not really enjoyable
  • Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    i tried it several years ago. it was fun for a while but then i started to dislike it.

if you do it you should have a sober person there to make sure you don't accidentally hurt yourself or anything
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,801
    There is also different grades of it

mild stuff, is more a buzz

the potent shit will freak u out
  • Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    what a buzzkill.

I've done it quite a few times. First time made me (literally) feel like I was become fused with the wall. I WAS the wall. Boundaries disappear, everything flows into everything else, inanimate objects take on a personality, and you realize for a few seconds that life is one big shaggy-dog joke - and a bad one at that.

try shrooms or if you're really adventurous, lsd. These will provide a much more fulfilling and "enlightening" experience. Or if you REALLY want to know everything about everything, DMT. Beware, you will get a peek into what it is like to die. Seriously.

edit: by the way, there is a reason it is legal. It is not that fun. But hey, some people like it.

the thing with lsd is a lot of the chemicals are nearly impossible to obtain which means some people substitute so you might not even know what's really in it.

with mushrooms it's either a mushroom or it isn't and they are so stupidly easy to grow yourself with very little effort. dmt is fun, too
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • BenzorBenzor Posts: 886
    i tried it once and it did not really do too much to me. perhaps i was doing it wrong or i just had crappy stuff. shrooms and lsd on the other hand...
  • what a buzzkill.

the thing with lsd is a lot of the chemicals are nearly impossible to obtain which means some people substitute so you might not even know what's really in it.

with mushrooms it's either a mushroom or it isn't and they are so stupidly easy to grow yourself with very little effort. dmt is fun, too

oh I agree... but it is definitely still available if you know where to look. Go to a Dead show. If it is given to you, it is ok. If it is SOLD, its probably not.

Oh and DON'T DO IT in a public place for Christ's sake. Do some research on "set and setting" and prepare for the experience. IT IS NOT FOR THE PARTY. If you want something for the party, get a case of beer or an 8-ball. (not that I advocate either one... I don't really even drink anymore).
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Nothin' beats loading the perfect bowl. 8-) .. :|
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    dcfaithful wrote:

Yeah, that and the occasional shrooming works for me. I know two people who have tried Salvia and from I hear, it's very quick but intense. It can be frightening, but one said that after it was over (and it ends very suddenly), he never laughed so hard. Both reported seeing "beings of light" but no one here has mentioned that yet. It's a very curious thing, but I'm not willing to try it.

Worth reading:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brett%27s_law
  • yellowporchyellowporch Posts: 510
    dcfaithful wrote:

+1... it's all I need :mrgreen:
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    I did, I still have some. I was told that all it would do was give me a good laugh, so I had a good laugh, but there really was something very funny that happened and the more I tried to explain that it wasn't the salvia, the funnier it got. It may had been the salvia. It was one of those laughs that you are laughing so hard you can't even talk and say what is so funny. It lasted about 15 minutes.
    I still have some, but haven't used it again. It would be a good party drug where others are using it too.
    Its legal and the local head shop sells it here for about $16 for a small vial. It it smoked like weed, but you need way less.
    Its a good buzz if you like to get a god laugh.
    Save room for dessert!