so possibly better seats for high numbered members?

PJ Fan est. 1990PJ Fan est. 1990 Posts: 1,788
edited April 2010 in The Porch
since the pre-sale is locked to people who are already 10c ticket holders for the first two hours, will the show be sold out before 12 PST? if so, expect better 10c seats for high numbers since there are a lot less people going for tickets...

if this was addressed in the sticky already then i'm sorry, but i wasn't about to read 11 pages of posts to find out
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    whose to say that those locked out were all high fanclub member

*edited as to not to imply that all those locked out were high
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    Great point you make, especially if the 10c sells out in the first two hours. This explains my great seat at LA4 with a 360K number. :)

I fact two shows worth of 10c pairs are out of the bidding already will make a difference no matter the distribution of high and low numbers. It's at least a few thousand less people trying to get tickets out of a limited number who will be trying this time. Maybe the 10c should make tickets in the first two hours closer to the stage than after 12. After all, 10c at MSG in any spot will be insane - you've got your prize. :lol:

Even more of a reason for me to get up at 1am tonight and hit the 10c ticket window 8-)
  • usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    whose to say that those locked out were all high fanclub member

tons of 'em.
  • october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    No, you are not thinking logically. For easy numbers, think of it this way; 1,000 seats available are 1,000 seats sold. The people going for the seats are still a random dispersal, not more or less of "high" or "low" fan club numbers than at any time. It doesn't matter how small the pool of people trying is. A random 1,000 will get tickets and it will be just as random if 1,000,000 are going for them or 1,000 because the number available stays fixed. Make sense?
  • october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    Well, actually, I guess you could look at it as the fan club has "shrunk" a little bit because of those barred. In that case maybe you have a point but I don't know, I still say it will only be slight. But hey, you might win the lottery!
    I think the higher your number, the better you are served by this decision. if you're 360k like me, you have a much improved vantage than say someone with 100k becasue the proportion of tickets removed before yours should be higher than someone with a lower number.
  • jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    I dont think it matters. I think the early 2 hours will only give you a better chance of getting tickets. Not preference for better seats. I assume the seats will be allocated by seniority once all are sold, not by who got them first or who was part of the first 2 hours.
  • jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    Great point you make, especially if the 10c sells out in the first two hours. This explains my great seat at LA4 with a 360K number. :)

I fact two shows worth of 10c pairs are out of the bidding already will make a difference no matter the distribution of high and low numbers. It's at least a few thousand less people trying to get tickets out of a limited number who will be trying this time. Maybe the 10c should make tickets in the first two hours closer to the stage than after 12. After all, 10c at MSG in any spot will be insane - you've got your prize. :lol:

Even more of a reason for me to get up at 1am tonight and hit the 10c ticket window 8-)

The reason you got such great seats for LA with your number is that 10c members were only allowed to buy 1 LA show.
    jrnyc wrote:
    I dont think it matters. I think the early 2 hours will only give you a better chance of getting tickets. Not preference for better seats. I assume the seats will be allocated by seniority once all are sold, not by who got them first or who was part of the first 2 hours.

YEah I understand and agree, but given both MSG shows sold out in less than 2 hours, I was thinking they'd sell out in the two hours, or at least only a few tickets would be left. We'll find out in a few hours hey.

Good luck everyone. 8-)
    jrnyc wrote:

The reason you got such great seats for LA with your number is that 10c members were only allowed to buy 1 LA show.

Yep, which is kinda how the 2 hour window will work.