Mini-tours and available 10C tix....

mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,926
edited April 2010 in The Porch
Ok, it seems the mini tour is here to stay.
Which means a more severely limited allotment for seats available , coupled with a growing 10c membership AND a higher demand for seats that goes along with it, what seems the fairest thing for EVERYONE?
Not just those smart enough and old enough to have been members from near the beginning.

What say you?
_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RB112589RB112589 Posts: 98
    Money, money, money...Did you say target exclusive? I could be mistaken. I love these guys, but the spin article that accompanied the Backspacer debut made me sad. But hey, I guess get the tix when and how you can...
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    The only sure fire thing they could do is to take over all ticketing themselves. (Or even combine wiht a number of other touring bands to create their on join entity to do it: PJ, Soundgarden, Mudhoney, Alice In Chains... that's be a suitable pairing). I'd be sure there would be a promoter or sub-contractor who could handle it for them - on their terms - hmmm, maybe even Target. :lol: However, this would probably lock them out of just about every major venue in the world who have exclusive contracts with the major ticketing companies.

But imagine if it were possible, they could do all sorts of things and totally control all seats at the shows. They could have a fan club sale with no limit on number sold, after a couple of days they then open to general public for what is left. They could have amazing raffles, or even give you the opportunity to request seats in certain sections. They could have greater control over ticket charges or at least easily justify them. They could probably keep a tighter reign on scalping.

But there is another thing to consider. Pearl Jam cannot survive by just pandering to the fan club. There just aren't enough of us in the world to pay the costs, they always need to reach out to new fans and only allowing them the absolutely worst seat every gig is not going to do that. I think we get it pretty good when it comes to 10c ticketing. It's not without it's faults but I think they largely come about by trying to do the best by us and keep as much of it as possible in house and at the lowest cost, not through negligence or deceit.

But it's nice to dream...