How does the 10c know who has MSG tickets?

unthought12unthought12 Posts: 64
edited April 2010 in The Porch
Has this ever been tried before? If it's just another password deal the day before, I don't see people having much more luck than MSG. I still have to give props to 10c. I was doing my share of bitching after the MSG fiasco, but never again. Tickets or no tickets, I'll never complain about them again. How many fan clubs would give enough of a crap after all of the flack that they take to do this for us? Good luck to all.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176
    there meaning anyone who got tixs through tc if it says in your order history msg tixs thats how you know an tc has same list :mrgreen:
  • there meaning anyone who got tixs through tc if it says in your order history msg tixs thats how you know an tc has same list :mrgreen:
    Ok, but can they actually lock that person out of the sale?
  • jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    edited April 2010
    The website was able to deny me putting specific fan club singles into my cart after I had already purchased them months earlier through e-mailing the club with my credit card info... so I'd say they've got this one figured out.

You could always try though... and to anyone that's looking to try it, make sure you come back and report your success here immediately IN BIG, BOLD LETTERS!!!

(and my seniority moves up a notch, thank you!)
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    there meaning anyone who got tixs through tc if it says in your order history msg tixs thats how you know an tc has same list :mrgreen:

yes...it's the same procedure as limiting something, like a poster, to one per member
  • there meaning anyone who got tixs through tc if it says in your order history msg tixs thats how you know an tc has same list :mrgreen:

Yeah. They did this for the 4 Gibson shows last year. If you had 10C tickets to 1 show, you couldn't buy more. It wouldn't let you.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    When they did poster presales last tour they had it setup like this, so it would appear easy for them to do. I would imagine it will block anyone would has purchased either SKU # ABC1 (MSG1) or SKU # ABC2 (MSG2) until they pull that restriction off.
  • norm wrote:

yes...it's the same procedure as limiting something, like a poster, to one per member
    Good point, thanks!! Gives me a some hope.
  • Ok so they can't "buy" them... but can they still get in line? i.e. - people could be douchey enough to get in line and hope it slows down the system so there are plenty left after 2 hours. OR, are they completely blocked from even getting "in line" (or whatever vernacular is appropriate)?
    Camden - 5/28/06; Camden - 6/20/08; MSG - 6/25/08; Newark - (Ed Solo) 8/7/08; Philly - (Ed Solo) 6/12/09; Philly - 10/30/09; Philly - 10/31/09; Newark - 5/18/10; MSG - 5/20/10; MSG - 5/21/10
    yes.
    slh