Hartford seating

theeagle78theeagle78 Posts: 54
edited April 2010 in The Porch
well since it has been announced May 18th is in Newark, it looks like ill need to be getting tickets to Hartford (as mentioned in another thread of mine i know there is a show in Boston but there is this whole thing with a friend of mine so Hartford is my only option.) so my question to you guys is, should i jump on the tickets now even though they are rear view of the stage? or would i be better off waiting as tickets can sometimes be released as time goes on? help would be greatly appreciated.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    You didn't get Hartford when they were sold because you were waiting for a second Boston show? Am I understanding this correctly?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • You didn't get Hartford when they were sold because you were waiting for a second Boston show? Am I understanding this correctly?

Yes and no...i have tenclub tickets to the first Boston show but i have more than one person i want to take. Since i live closer to Boston than Hartford, i was hoping that there would be a second show, but since there is not, i figure ill make the drive to Hartford.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    theeagle78 wrote:
    well since it has been announced May 18th is in Newark, it looks like ill need to be getting tickets to Hartford (as mentioned in another thread of mine i know there is a show in Boston but there is this whole thing with a friend of mine so Hartford is my only option.) so my question to you guys is, should i jump on the tickets now even though they are rear view of the stage? or would i be better off waiting as tickets can sometimes be released as time goes on? help would be greatly appreciated.
    Can't be guaranteed but Ticketmaster usually releases good seats the week of the show. This I've done a few times. But you know rear of the stage might be pretty good too. Can you afford both? take a chance and try to sell the behind the stage if you are lucky enough to get TM seats that are released.
  • pandora wrote:
    theeagle78 wrote:
    Can't be guaranteed but Ticketmaster usually releases good seats the week of the show. This I've done a few times. But you know rear of the stage might be pretty good too. Can you afford both? take a chance and try to sell the behind the stage if you are lucky enough to get TM seats that are released.

thats a pretty good idea...i might do that. but even if they dont release you think the rear wont be bad?
    theeagle78 wrote:
    You didn't get Hartford when they were sold because you were waiting for a second Boston show? Am I understanding this correctly?

Yes and no...i have tenclub tickets to the first Boston show but i have more than one person i want to take. Since i live closer to Boston than Hartford, i was hoping that there would be a second show, but since there is not, i figure ill make the drive to Hartford.
    Uh oh, sounds like a situation. Grab what you can for Hartford, keep your eyes glued to the TM page in the next few weeks.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    I'll be honest here, behind the stage sucks.

Who are the two people you want to take? I know if I were taking a lady friend I was courting to Hartford, I wouldn't cheap out with tix behind the stage!
  • I'll be honest here, behind the stage sucks.

Who are the two people you want to take? I know if I were taking a lady friend I was courting to Hartford, I wouldn't cheap out with tix behind the stage!

hahaha i agree...which is why im taking my lady friend to the Boston show! haha but no its just a couple friends that i wanna go with...so i guess "take" was the wrong choice of words :P
  • Pats16Pats16 Posts: 199
    If you have a little extra $ and want to play it safe, I would check fansnap.com. You can get decent seats and be done with it, or you can chance that TM releases tix. I go crazy after checking TM every day for the first few weeks!
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020

This is why I passed on Hartford. I thought for sure they'd add a 2nd Boston show, so I passed. Kicking myself now.

I am heading to Hartford solo. It's a Saturday night, and only about a 3 hour drive for me. I'll keep any eye on Craigslist/Stubhub and check TM the week of. But I'm definitely going to make it happen.
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    i wouldn't buy behind the stage thinking you'll be able to sell them for anything but a big loss

if you want to risk anything... buy decent seats on ebay/stubhub/clist/fansnap... and then keep an eye out for better ones
  • jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    I have a Hartford extra for sale for face, not 10c, but very good seat, section 103, Row E, PM me if interested.
  • jethrojam420jethrojam420 Posts: 1,075
    you're better off taking a 5 hour drive to newark than sitting in the back. Especially if you're seeing them in boston already with 10c seats. PJ will still rock no matter the place you sit, but its just not the same
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Uh oh, sounds like a situation.

6a00d8341c730253ef01287645f7cb970c8.jpg
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
    youngster wrote:
    Uh oh, sounds like a situation.

6a00d8341c730253ef01287645f7cb970c8.jpg
    :lol: I didn't even realize that when I wrote it. I should try out for that Wicked Summah show with lines like that!
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,194
    Another good idea is to wait until a few days before the show and then buy off of stubhub. The prices plummit usually during the last week and you can sometimes find below face tickets.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • thank you guys for all the help...you have definitely made this decision easier...maybe ill see some of you at Hartford and/or Boston :)