Hotel Help Seattle Fans

airblue1airblue1 Posts: 404
edited April 2010 in The Porch
For those who live in Seattle or have been to the MECCA. Do you guys have any advice on a hotel I can stay at for a weekend in August. I do not need top of the line. Historical or Location is simply fine.
Thank you so much in advance!!!
Hail To the Victors
I refer to those in front...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• airblue1airblue1 Posts: 404
    Anyone know
    Thanks
    Pump
    Hail To the Victors
  • JW0422JW0422 Posts: 170
    depends on how much you want to spend, I am not from Seattle but I went there last fall I stayed at the Pan Pacific hotel, it is a little out of the way if you want to be downtown but it is an awesome hotel! The only hotel I wouldn't stay at is the Westin I checked it out while I was there and it seemed pretty rundown for the amount they were charging!
  • Just be careful to stay away from anything with an Aurora Ave address! They have hourly rates!!

Hotel Max is pretty centrally located and decent prices for downtown.
    http://www.hotelmaxseattle.com/seattle-hotel-rooms/
    I will not lose my Faith, it's an Inside job today....
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Price line is your best bet...but I'd recommend the Mediterranean Hotel, if you're not overly fussy about having all the bells and whistles...It's on Queen Anne and near Easy Street, the Meca (cafe), Seattle Centre (Space Needle) and Key Arena. Parking is about $15 a day and no valet, as opposed to $30+ and valet downtown. You can usually get a room for $69 or $79 a night..One time we stayed at the Sheraton and it was $79 for two days of parking (incl. tax). The Westin isn't horrible and sometimes you can get that on Priceline for $69, but again you have to add like $30 - $40 (+tax) for parking...

Also at the Med, a couple of blocks down the street there are no meters, so parking is free..and it's free on Sundays anywhere in Seattle.
    be philanthropic
    We will be traveling by train from LA
    So we will not have a car
    The Med does come in at a great price.
    We really do not use the hotel much when we are travelling. As long as there is a decent bar nearby and a breakfast joint to get some morning energy.
    Hail To the Victors
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,407
    Off the top of my head, I thinking Delta Hotels. I'm hoping to crash there a few day's in October. Got a place to crash in Vancouver, which is just a 2hour30minute drive? ( less if i'm driving ;) ) . But i'm kinda hoping to stay in the city.

Anybody know any close by hotels next to the 10club Warehouse? 8-)
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    I am sure you will find it if there is one close D.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
    As much travel as I do
    I have never used priceline and like new technology to an older person I am very iffy on bidding something when I do not have specifics
    But you guys seem to be very intune with priceline. So besides the bidding piece my next question is how do you know if the hotel is worth or what you want?
    thanks
    Hail To the Victors
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    airblue1 wrote:
    As much travel as I do
    I have never used priceline and like new technology to an older person I am very iffy on bidding something when I do not have specifics
    But you guys seem to be very intune with priceline. So besides the bidding piece my next question is how do you know if the hotel is worth or what you want?
    thanks

Last time I used Priceline I got the Edgewater for $89/night...the rack rate for our room was over $200, so we were thrilled to get such a great deal. However, I can't think of anything we liked there. Valets took too long to get our truck cuz they were so busy and the hotel isn't really near anything. Tiny room. Lousy decor.

Priceline and hotels.com give you the option of choosing a hotel or bidding and hoping for the best. And sometimes, if you call the Med directly, they will give you the same price as online.

As for other stuff around the Med, there's a starbucks in the hotel - and up Queen Anne is Uptown Coffee, a variety of restaurants for just about every type of food you could want, and Dick's Burgers across the street (across from the bank machine)...In terms of bars, there's a few of those around there, too. For breakfast, the Meca is awesome and Peso's has great breakfasts, too - nice and fresh...at night, Peso's seems to turn into a bar, but you can still have dinner there. Still, all very fresh food.

There's a grocery store and drug store nearby on Mercer...and also a Safeway across the street from the Med.

We've stayed there about 10 times and find the convenience of it to be worth staying in a not the top of the line luxury hotel...
    be philanthropic
    The Med it is
    Is it near the showbox and other famous Pearl Jam places I would like to simply casually see. Also, if at all possible see where the singles house and ten club are located? I know I know
    Hail To the Victors