:lol:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    This is why i always look for the big black guy, if your gona get molested , do it right!!!
  • surforiasurforia Posts: 351
    Get_Right wrote:
    and cops all over the place outside it is a bit of a red state

There are cops all over the place to prevent people from getting killed by the local gangs. Jersey is far from red - it's legalized civil unions for god's sake! And it's MUCH worse than Camden (albeit not where the Prudential center is located).
    9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 8/18/00, 10/8/00, 10/9/00, 4/28/03, 6/22/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 10/2/04, 10/5/04, 10/1/05, 10/3/05, 5/28/06, 6/20/08, 6/25/08, 10/27/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/22/16, 9/26/21, 10/1/21, 10/2/21, 5/3/22, 5/6/22
  • There actually are some good bars around the venue. The Devils are a professional sports team - the venue is actually very nice - and they have built up the area immediately around the "Rock" and the Performing Arts Center.

I saw Metallica there a year and a half ago - had a great time in an Irish bar (brand new) right around the corner from the venue.

But ya, as others have said, it's also easy just to be in NYC and then hop on a path train (or even NJ transit - and go one stop from Penn St.).
    Camden - 5/28/06; Camden - 6/20/08; MSG - 6/25/08; Newark - (Ed Solo) 8/7/08; Philly - (Ed Solo) 6/12/09; Philly - 10/30/09; Philly - 10/31/09; Newark - 5/18/10; MSG - 5/20/10; MSG - 5/21/10
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    There actually are some good bars around the venue. The Devils are a professional sports team - the venue is actually very nice - and they have built up the area immediately around the "Rock" and the Performing Arts Center.

I saw Metallica there a year and a half ago - had a great time in an Irish bar (brand new) right around the corner from the venue.

But ya, as others have said, it's also easy just to be in NYC and then hop on a path train (or even NJ transit - and go one stop from Penn St.).

all that being said ...walk 3 blocks to the right and you're in for some interesting sights
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107

they basically rape you as you're walking in ...for hockey games anyway
    Only for Ranger Fans...
    GoiMTvP.gif

Only for Ranger Fans...

ACTUALLY i know a few kids who are on the verge of giving up their season tickets because they're tired of this happening every game
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107

Only for Ranger Fans...

ACTUALLY i know a few kids who are on the verge of giving up their season tickets because they're tired of this happening every game
    I was just kidding... Yeah it's really bad... Got patted down at a Blue Jacket game :shock:
    GoiMTvP.gif

I was just kidding... Yeah it's really bad... Got patted down at a Blue Jacket game :shock:

its really sad actually

they treat people like terrorists( and mind you these season ticket holders are as straight laced as they come )
  • Why Newark of all places? There are so many nice venues in Pennsylvania where you won't get killed walking down the street.
  • Ninjake79Ninjake79 Posts: 32
    saveyou22 wrote:
    Ninjake79 wrote:
    Everyone knocking the area doesn't know what they're talking about. Of course there are some horrible parts of Newark but I've never had a problem when going to games at The Rock. Two nice bars in the area:

http://www.brickcitybarandgrill.com/ - This is right across the street from the arena.

http://www.scullyspublichouse.com/ - Two blocks from the arena, went there on St. Pat's before the game, nice place

As for the search, I never found it too hard to get things in if I planned ahead. I'm always able to get my swiss army knife I have attached to my keychain in without a problem bu just holding my keys in my hand while they search me.
    ok I admit my ignorance even though I'm from Jersey. Thanks for the tips. If I manage to sneak my bowl in you can hit it all you want.

Sweet.
  • Thanks PeteThanks Pete NYC Posts: 613
    Relax. NY Penn Station is 20-25 minutes away. Then you can act like a hipster and head down to the LES