what a day!!!!!!!!!!

neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
edited April 2010 in The Porch
another pj show 10 minutes from me :lol: yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Coupla questions regarding this:

What's this venue like? Capacity?
    Are there hotels in the area, or would it be best to stay in the city and cab it over to the venue?
    I really would like to make this work and rock out with all you Yankee and Met fans an extra day.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
    Also......how far a drive is it from Boston?
  • Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860

Are there hotels in the area, or would it be best to stay in the city and cab it over to the venue?
    I really would like to make this work and rock out with all you Yankee and Met fans an extra day.
    there is a train across the street from the venue, the devil play there. Newark isnt a good city, but around this arena was buiilt up and is safe specifically so it can hold Devils games and concerts like this. Venue is brand new and beautiful. Capaicty I am not sure about, buts its a jockey arena so 17k?
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    Also......how far a drive is it from Boston?
    min 5 hrs
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

never been there for a concert so i have no idea about the sound

capacity is like any other arena 18-20,000

just stay in nyc its a 10 min train ride very easy
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775

http://www.prucenter.com/

it's new, which is nice. but i don't think the building has much charm to it. it has just "another new sports arena feel" to it. they have a couple of bars/lounges inside (don't want to be walking around newark looking for a bar). been there for a few hockey games, but never a concert. i wonder how the acoustics are. their web-site says the capacity is 18,500 for basketball, so you have to figure an extra 1,000 ppl on the floor?

as far as a hotel... the arena is literally within 5 miles of newark airport which has a ton of hotels to choose from. i suggest trying to find some availability there. you will over pay for an nyc hotel. cabs should be cheap and i don't see you having a problem getting one after the show.

edit: the upper tier of the arena is VERY steep. be careful if you have a few cocktails in you and you are rocking out.

http://www.prucenter.com/

it's new, which is nice. but i don't think the building has much charm to it. it has just "another new sports arena feel" to it. they have a couple of bars/lounges inside (don't want to be walking around newark looking for a bar). been there for a few hockey games, but never a concert. i wonder how the acoustics are. their web-site says the capacity is 18,500 for basketball, so you have to figure an extra 1,000 ppl on the floor?

as far as a hotel... the arena is literally within 5 miles of newark airport which has a ton of hotels to choose from. i suggest trying to find some availability there. you will over pay for an nyc hotel. cabs should be cheap and i don't see you having a problem getting one after the show.

edit: the upper tier of the arena is VERY steep. be careful if you have a few cocktails in you and you are rocking out.

VERY STEEP

almost fell over 2 years ago when avery scored against marty in game 2 :lol:
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775

VERY STEEP

:lol:

i was there for game 5 and almost wiped out after lundqvist stopped that penatly shot!

VERY STEEP

:lol:

i was there for game 5 and almost wiped out after lundqvist stopped that penatly shot!

:lol::lol: way to steep !!! it really is
    Thanks for the tips guys! New Yorkers helping out a Red Sox fan? You guys are awesome!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Thanks for the tips guys! New Yorkers helping out a Red Sox fan? You guys are awesome!

ONLY FOR PEARL JAM :mrgreen:

:lol::lol::lol: You're such a prick! Are you coming to Hartford? If so, I'm buying you a beer at the pre-party.
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    If I got a hotel about 1.2 miles away (its technically in Harrison, NJ but its 1.2 miles away) is that a safe walking distance? Or should I just drive over?

Man... this is a killer for planning. I was going to fly to HTD/BOS and then I have to fly home on the 19th and back to NYC on the 20th. Work is killing me... they're paying for the flight on the 19th/20th since its their fault, but man this is making that a lot more tricky! :twisted:
  • i personally wouldn't walk from harrison to newark - not a good idea! take a cab.

:)

:lol::lol::lol: You're such a prick! Are you coming to Hartford? If so, I'm buying you a beer at the pre-party.

hartford????????? i have 3 shows 10 min away

dont need no hartford :mrgreen:

i kid i kid honestly i have plans that cant be broken on the hartford night
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    i personally wouldn't walk from harrison to newark - not a good idea! take a cab.

:)
    That bad, eh?

I dont mind driving - just seems stupid to pay and fight parking when its only 1.2M away, but its also not worth walking through bad areas either. :)