Conan

shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,182
edited September 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Didn't he just bump Lopez out of his time slot like NBC bumped him when Jay wanted his slot back? All you Conan fans where crying about how he was treated unfairly with his 60 million buy out and now a 10 million a year job. How do you think George feels about being bumped? But Conan's the victum...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    shadowcast wrote:
    Didn't he just bump Lopez out of his time slot like NBC bumped him when Jay wanted his slot back? All you Conan fans where crying about how he was treated unfairly with his 60 million buy out and now a 10 million a year job. How do you think George feels about being bumped? But Conan's the victum...

It was George's idea to have Conan come to TBS.

I initially thought that at first but it turns out George actually called Conan to see if he'd be interested.
  • babel44babel44 Posts: 64
    from an article on MSNBC.com:

And then there’s TBS. As far as what they’re offering O’Brien, the most important part might not be the money, but the fact there’s so much acceptance attached to the deal. (OK, we know the money is important, but we’ll get to that). For starters, George Lopez, whose “Lopez Tonight” is currently in the timeslot that O’Brien will soon call home, told O’Brien personally that he supported O’Brien and would move his own show to midnight.

Gavin Palone, O’Brien’s manager, told Kim Masters at The Daily Beast that “Conan would never get involved or consider a situation where he was pushing somebody out,” and that Lopez told O’Brien, “I really want you here. You and I are the team. I want to move to midnight.”
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    mca47 wrote:
    shadowcast wrote:

I initially thought that at first but it turns out George actually called Conan to see if he'd be interested.
    I think this would boost Lopez's show. Conan will draw a lot of viewers, many whom will keep the station on and roll over into Lopez.
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Gob wrote:
    I think this would boost Lopez's show. Conan will draw a lot of viewers, many whom will keep the station on and roll over into Lopez.
    Exactly... Gob is ALWAYS right. :)
  • shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,182
    mca47 wrote:
    shadowcast wrote:

WHAT!!!!!! How naive can you be? Do you really think George Lopez wants to go on at midnight now??? George calling Conan is the biggest smelling shit burger of bullshit ever to be plated. Come on....yeah just like Jay wanted to leave the Tonight Show in 10 years to make room for Conan.
    Gob wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    shadowcast wrote:

That really worked well for Conan when he took over the tonight show. As the news is the biggest lead in you can have.
  • mulva9mulva9 Posts: 417
    Lopez is just looking out for himself. If he has to move has to move to midnight to get Conan to come to TBS and make the station a legitimate late night destination, then so be it. I am sure he just added years to his show. I don't think he would've lasted as the only late night show on TBS for all that much longer.
  • saveyou22saveyou22 Posts: 154
    the main difference here is that Lopez isnt funny and shouldnt be on TV at all in the first place. Conan has always been my favorite late night host, he can bump whoever the hell he wants in my book.
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    shadowcast wrote:
    That really worked well for Conan when he took over the tonight show. As the news is the biggest lead in you can have.
    Except that NBC's news was getting destroyed by Leno's terrible #s. That's why the affiliates wanted Leno out of the 10PM slot in the first place.
    drsluggo wrote:
    shadowcast wrote:
    Except that NBC's news was getting destroyed by Leno's terrible #s. That's why the affiliates wanted Leno out of the 10PM slot in the first place.
    Talk shows at 10pm will never work. That was a NBC programing screw up. They should have kept Jay where he was becasue he was a ratings beast and is proving it yet again right now.
  • Black73Black73 Posts: 1,018
    saveyou22 wrote:
    the main difference here is that Lopez isnt funny and shouldnt be on TV at all in the first place. Conan has always been my favorite late night host, he can bump whoever the hell he wants in my book.

+1
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Family Guy>Conan....What 18-30 dude is gonna miss that? Lopez would be a fool to not be excited. Jesus his delivery is horrible, though.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    DewieCox wrote:
    Family Guy>Conan....What 18-30 dude is gonna miss that? Lopez would be a fool to not be excited. Jesus his delivery is horrible, though.
    I've never found Family Guy funny. I've tried. All my friends love it. To me it tries too hard to be funny. I love South Park and old Simpsons though.
    shadowcast wrote:

WHAT!!!!!! How naive can you be? Do you really think George Lopez wants to go on at midnight now??? George calling Conan is the biggest smelling shit burger of bullshit ever to be plated. Come on....yeah just like Jay wanted to leave the Tonight Show in 10 years to make room for Conan.

Facts are often difficult to swallow.

Lopez stands to get much better numbers from Conan's lead-in.

But I guess only time will tell.
    I think if Conan goes back to the style of his old show, he'll have great ratings.
    Conan playing it safe (Tonight Show) wasn't nearly as good as Late Night.
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    shadowcast wrote:

Shadowcast <
    25f102f5.jpg
    I'll be back
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    DewieCox wrote:

Indeed. I often wonder how he even became a comedian. Lopez is a bonafide tool in my opinion. Couldn't care less about his ratings...
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    shadowcast wrote:

Shadowcast <
    25f102f5.jpg

Que obnoxious laugh.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    they both suck :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Conan rocks !
    wishem the best in his new venture.

Did he take the Max Weinbergh 7 with him, and Andy too ?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Conan rocks !

I can bet a lot of $ that Andy will be there. I actually prefer Andy NOT to be there, but since he was on his last show, and he was there for Conan's tour...I'd imagine he'll be around.

I did hear a rumor that Max wasn't going to do the new show though. That would be a bigtime bummer! Max is great!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    mca47 wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Conan rocks !

I can bet a lot of $ that Andy will be there. I actually prefer Andy NOT to be there, but since he was on his last show, and he was there for Conan's tour...I'd imagine he'll be around.

I did hear a rumor that Max wasn't going to do the new show though. That would be a bigtime bummer! Max is great!

i would hope max would be there too
    www.myspace.com
  • DaveyGDaveyG Posts: 225
    Conan announced the name of his new show;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHeyO2W8aPU

it's a very good name, since that's what everyone would've called it anyway.
    10/23/10, Shoreline Amphitheatre, Mountain View, California (24th Bridge School Benefit)
    10/24/10, Shoreline Amphitheatre, Mountain View, California (24th Bridge School Benefit)
    07/11/11, Paramount Theater, Oakland, California (Eddie Vedder Solo Show)
    10/22/11, Shoreline Amphitheatre, Mountain View, California (Eddie Vedder Solo Show, 25th Bridge School Benefit)
  • DaveyG wrote:
    Conan announced the name of his new show;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHeyO2W8aPU

it's a very good name, since that's what everyone would've called it anyway.

Conaw. :lol:
  • shadowcast wrote:
    drsluggo wrote:
    shadowcast wrote:
    Talk shows at 10pm will never work. That was a NBC programing screw up. They should have kept Jay where he was becasue he was a ratings beast and is proving it yet again right now.

What? Lenos ratings right now are lower then Conans were at any point on the The Tonight Show, and have been since his return.
    http://www.google.ca/#hl=en&source=hp&q ... 34ff76adb4

Also, comparing the Lopez situation to Leno situation is apples to oranges, Leno is a well known late night talk show host who is super famous, he doesn't need Conans help- or vice versa in the ratings/as a lead in. Lopez would be stupid to not want to have Conan on his network. Of course he the story may have been dramatized a little but I am sure Lopez is happy to move to 12 to accommodate someone of Conans stature.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Awesome Dave's Counting Channel : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9YsB443A8k

Embryonic Rockabilly Polka-Dotted Fighter Pilots: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI7jrnvVMak

Stackenblochen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo_2ReMNzhU
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • DaveyGDaveyG Posts: 225
    10/23/10, Shoreline Amphitheatre, Mountain View, California (24th Bridge School Benefit)
    10/24/10, Shoreline Amphitheatre, Mountain View, California (24th Bridge School Benefit)
    07/11/11, Paramount Theater, Oakland, California (Eddie Vedder Solo Show)
    10/22/11, Shoreline Amphitheatre, Mountain View, California (Eddie Vedder Solo Show, 25th Bridge School Benefit)
  • I HEART Conan!!

My favourite Conan skit, 1864 Baseball:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/1075434/

I also enjoyed when Conan goes to bartending school:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrsxj2WiEKM

Also, anything with Conan and Martha Stewart is usually funny.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    This wait is killing me for November! Tuesday's on TBS are going to be a great ratings night for them with three hours of The Office and then straight to Conan. Also, like someone else said before, Family Guy into Conan is going to be great for them. I think that's a couple nights of that. Wednesday's I'm not sure. I just wish TBS would have late night on Friday's also.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Conan-TheBarbarian.jpg