Would rather see them in your hometown or travel to see them

Satans Red MosquitoSatans Red Mosquito Posts: 763
edited April 2010 in The Porch
I live in Nashville, and yes it would be great to see them here, and I'm sure a lot of people would go with hometown, but it's nice seeing them out of town, because it's an excuse to see a new town I have never seen and probably would never see without them. Discuss.
Shows Attended
2008 - Bonnaroo
2009 - Chicago 1
2010 - St Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis, Washington D.C
2011 - Pearl Jam Twenty Festival
2012 - Music Midtown Festival
2013 - Wrigley, Dallas, Oklahoma City
2014 - St. Louis, Memphis
2016- Greenville, Lexington, Bonnaroo, Wrigley 1
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    If they could set up right here in my living room, that would be great.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,918
    If I was in the position some are on this board , See ya in whatever ever city they play. Since I'm not, I'm content to wait between hometown shows. In the meantime , have PLENTY of boots to get me through!!!!!!! :D

Just so happens this go round I get to see a LIVE show not just hear it!!!! May 6 can't come soon enough!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Um, both?
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    JaneNY wrote:
    Um, both?

home is great but their is nothing wrong with PJ vacation's
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Well...I don't have to worry about seeing them in my hometown or even in Jackson about an hour away.

Really, though, if I am going to see a big act like PJ I would much rather travel and make a vacation out of it even if Hell froze over and Jackson was actually capable of drawing a real concert
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    After 7 years of having to travel to see them, a hometown show would be nice, yeah.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • I've done both and if I had the means, travelling to shows again would be awesome but right now I'm dying for a nearby show!
    Minneapolis 98, Chicago 00, San Fransisco 00, Fargo 03, Thunder Bay 05, St Paul 06 (night 2), Chicago 08 (EV) both nights

Don't it make you smile?
  • Well...I don't have to worry about seeing them in my hometown or even in Jackson about an hour away.

Really, though, if I am going to see a big act like PJ I would much rather travel and make a vacation out of it even if Hell froze over and Jackson was actually capable of drawing a real concert

At least Johnny Cash wrote a song about that town.
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    Since I dont have thousands laying around to follow them aroudn the country, I would prefer the hometown shows. Hopefully in the future I'll have the means to be able to travel to more shows.
  • embraceembrace Posts: 849
    don't matta where I see them just so long as I see them -xo :D
    got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
    I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.

At least Johnny Cash wrote a song about that town.

Nah, the man in black didn't even write that. It was written by a couple of song writers.
    ***Desperately looking for a Pearl Jam Phillies themed Oct. 31 Philadelphia shirt in M or L. Got one you don't want/need? Help a brother out!
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I wish we could go to more. I've always dreamed of renting a van and driving to all the shows, take a couple weeks, a proper PJ vacation. Maybe when we retire, not anytime soon unfortunately.
    But I agree with the both, love to travel, love to see them in my city, just love to see them!
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Travel, no question. PJ's a great excuse to go to places I haven't been to.

Japan. The rest of Australia. Various places in Europe. Philly. Also a great excuse to go to places to visit people I've met along the way. More bits of Europe. Vancouver. Seattle.

Now book in a few dates in Latin America and it'd be just perfect.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    both!!but for me is to come in my country,not in my hometown..lol..
    but now im almost sure they never come to Greece again so travel,is the option...my dream is to see them in Buenos Aires...and second dream to see them live in all continents
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Yes
  • RockMamaRockMama Deep Creek Lake, MD Posts: 478
    They would never come to my hometown. I live in a county of 30,000 people, so I always travel.
    107 total First-Summerfest, Milwaukee '95
    Most recent: 2018 Stadium shows: Seattle 2, Missoula, Fenway 1 and 2; 2022: Oakland 1 and 2
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    my dream is to see them in Buenos Aires...and second dream to see them live in all continents
    Too right for BA!

I've covered Australia/Oceania, Asia, Europe, and North America. I imagine Antarctica would be a bit cold. A PJ + Safari holiday in South Africa would be great. And Buenos Aires... I need to be amongst those crazy fuckers in a big gig. NEED.

I felt inadequate when I first saw that Buenos Aires show DVD. What a crowd.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    Flagg wrote:
    After 7 years of having to travel to see them, a hometown show would be nice, yeah.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Hinn wrote:
    my dream is to see them in Buenos Aires...and second dream to see them live in all continents
    Too right for BA!

I've covered Australia/Oceania, Asia, Europe, and North America. I imagine Antarctica would be a bit cold. A PJ + Safari holiday in South Africa would be great. And Buenos Aires... I need to be amongst those crazy fuckers in a big gig. NEED.

I felt inadequate when I first saw that Buenos Aires show DVD. What a crowd.
    yep!!i see them only in Europe and North America...for sure if next year they dont play in Europe another continent is in my program..and i remember a guy talking in touring band dvd about BA ,,said..what to say about that show...i survive...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br0oiW2wQ1c
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    DewieCox wrote:
    Yes

Some with take and can't see do
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Posts: 3,889
    Both for sure but it would be much cheaper to see them in Vienna! On the other hand, driving/flying to different places all over the world to see them is soooo wonderful!!!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • JW0422JW0422 Posts: 170
    the only place beside my home area (NYC) I have gone to see them is Seattle which is a Beautiful city and I had a great time there,I would love to see them somewhere else including another country but for now Newark will have to do!