Why is Ed & Mike on Conan not newsworthy around here?

Bu$chlagerBu$chlager Posts: 498
edited April 2010 in The Porch
This is nothing I lose sleep over, but just a little pet peeve about the 10C or the webmasters or moderators or whoever runs this show behind the scenes.

Why wouldn't Ed & Mike appearing on Conan make the homepage? I mean, advance notice would be amazing, but I understand some stuff is spontaneous or meant to be a surprise, etc. But why wouldn't they throw it up there now as a bulletin?

This is far from an isolated observation, either. I feel like so much happens with this band that many fans aren't even aware of because you have to dig through threads and secondary sources to get info like this. The homepage should be a primary news source for all things PJ, no? Ed and Co. are much more active than the main page would have you believe.

Is there a reason this stuff isn't showcased?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    I just saw it myself. I'm sure it sucked anyway. Iv never heard of those songs ed played. Don't give 2 shits about eds solo stuff.
    I'll be back
  • PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    They are shy.
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • It was a one-off thing of something that wasn't televised. Why would they advertise it? There's no way to watch it (aside from fan videos) and it's not scheduled to happen again in the future.
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • BlahBlah Posts: 469
    edited April 2010
    I just saw it myself. I'm sure it sucked anyway. Iv never heard of those songs ed played. Don't give 2 shits about eds solo stuff.

~ You've never heard of Baba O'Riley? ~
    Post edited by Blah on
  • I just saw it myself. I'm sure it sucked anyway. Iv never heard of those songs ed played. Don't give 2 shits about eds solo stuff.

:o :shock: I can't tell if this is a joke, but I hope it is
    2006: Albany
    2008: MSG I, MSG II, Newark(EV)
    2009: Albany 1-2(EV), Philly 3
    2010: Boston, MSG I
    2013: Buffalo, Brooklyn II, Hartford
    2016: MSG 1, MSG II, Fenway 1
  • Bu$chlagerBu$chlager Posts: 498
    It was a one-off thing of something that wasn't televised. Why would they advertise it? There's no way to watch it (aside from fan videos) and it's not scheduled to happen again in the future.

Oh, see I didn't even realize that. I assumed it was a televised special. Thanks, that makes it a little more understandable.

Still, I think my point holds up. Plenty of bands would have noted this but even if this doesn't justify "Homepage News," this kind of thing happens a lot.

Basically, why is the information flow always so lacking? I feel like most fans hear news about things from other sources before the horse's mouth. Shouldn't it be the other way around?
  • I just saw it myself. I'm sure it sucked anyway. Iv never heard of those songs ed played. Don't give 2 shits about eds solo stuff.

WHAT????????
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    Yea, I heard about it on twoFeetThick.com's RSS feed. Came right to the boards to see if there was any more detail and nothing. Kudos to TFT's coverage, which is awesome IMO:

http://www.twofeetthick.com/2010/04/were-team-coco-too/
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • tacettacet Posts: 323
    BUSH-lager wrote:
    This is nothing I lose sleep over, but just a little pet peeve about the 10C or the webmasters or moderators or whoever runs this show behind the scenes.

Why wouldn't Ed & Mike appearing on Conan make the homepage? I mean, advance notice would be amazing, but I understand some stuff is spontaneous or meant to be a surprise, etc. But why wouldn't they throw it up there now as a bulletin?

This is far from an isolated observation, either. I feel like so much happens with this band that many fans aren't even aware of because you have to dig through threads and secondary sources to get info like this. The homepage should be a primary news source for all things PJ, no? Ed and Co. are much more active than the main page would have you believe.

Is there a reason this stuff isn't showcased?

I don't think the 10C loves the band anymore.
    we're all sentient snowflakes
  • BUSH-lager wrote:
    It was a one-off thing of something that wasn't televised. Why would they advertise it? There's no way to watch it (aside from fan videos) and it's not scheduled to happen again in the future.

Oh, see I didn't even realize that. I assumed it was a televised special. Thanks, that makes it a little more understandable.

Still, I think my point holds up. Plenty of bands would have noted this but even if this doesn't justify "Homepage News," this kind of thing happens a lot.

Basically, why is the information flow always so lacking? I feel like most fans hear news about things from other sources before the horse's mouth. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Yea, Conan is doing a theatre tour to raise money for his workers who got screwed by the whole Tonight Show thing. I Haven't read a review but I would guess it's pretty much an extended version of his show, complete with musical guests.
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • dreamweaverdreamweaver Posts: 716
    because there are two great fan pages that report stuff like this
    Meadowlands, MSG 1, MSG 2 - '98
    Jones Beach NY 1 + 3 - '00
    MSG 1 + 2 - '03
    Boston Garden - '04
    Montreal - '05
    Boston Garden 1, Meadowlands 1 + 2 - '06
    Mansfield 1 - '08
    (EV solo) Boston 1 - '08
    Chicago 1 - '09
    MSG -'10
    Brooklyn 1+2 - '13
    Central Park - '15
    MSG - '16
    Fenway - '16
    Wrigley - '16
    (RRHOF) Brooklyn - '17
    Fenway - '18
    MSG - '22
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    wow two feet thick kicked the pits ass over the place on this one.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Woah that was pretty kool. Good to see Conan coming back to tv also. He rules!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • evenflowevenflow Posts: 401
    SS25454 wrote:
    I don't think the 10C loves the band anymore.

They're to busy dealing with Soungarden right now to be worried about "old news PJ". :D
    It's all about the music...

http://www.myspace.com/christianjame (Music Page)

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/19598996 (Personal Page)
  • the Baba was probably one of the best ones ever. the other 2 (or 1 and 1/2) were pretty typical Eddie with a tiny guitar stuff.

good stuff though.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,798
    it's trending #9 on Yahoo now.
    I miss igotid88