Life Wasted question

Dark StarDark Star Posts: 496
edited April 2010 in Musicians and Gearheads
Is it just me or does anyone else hear a tape cut-out on Mike's guitar solo around the 2:53 - 2:54 mark? It comes back right away.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• grwo1109grwo1109 Posts: 31
    It was the rhythm guitar that went silent, not McCready's solo. If you listen carefully on the rhythm guitar part on the right speaker, you will hear that it stops for a second(this is on purpose btw cuz that's the rhythm). Watch the life wasted version on Letterman and focus on McCready's rhythm part in the beginning. He plays the rhythm then stops. He then plays it again and then stops it again. That was pretty much what they did during that solo part in the album.

It does sound like his solo was cut off but that was just an illusion. It just happened that there were no notes being played(solo-wise) during that split second where the rhythm part stops. There werent any guitar parts on the right speaker at all during that part and you thought the solo just suddenly stopped.
  • Dark StarDark Star Posts: 496
    thank you for the thought out response my friend, but I just dont hear it. I honestly think I have a falty CD because during Mikes's solo, and a sustain of a note, his volume significantly goes down for 1.2 seconds, thats the only way I can explain it. I'll listen to my other ten club version which I haven't listened to and see if it's on there. Thanks though, you may be right. :)
  • It sounds to me just like the delay on the guitar track...