Driving into Boston

FirstExitFirstExit Posts: 973
edited April 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Alright so I'm not posting this in The Porch because it's currently over-saturated with idiotic threads...but I'm driving to Boston for the show at the TD Garden. My plan as of now is to park at Alewife and take the T to the Garden. The only problem is, I know that the T only runs until 12:35.

I'm thinking -

a) Drive to Alewife, and if we can't make the T, take a cab back to the station
b) Park at the TD Garden

Which do you think would be cheapest/easiest? If you have any other suggestions, I'd appreciate them! Thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    I'd say either scenario 1, or parking in Charlestown across the river is your best bet.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Got_SomeGot_Some Posts: 77
    My suggestion would be to park somewhere within a 10-15 minute walk of the Garden. That way, when the show is finished, you'll be able to get away from the crowds and traffic. If you go to Alewife...especially in or around rush hour, you'll get slowed down. If you park at the Garden, you'll definitely have a hard time getting out of there. Just search Boston parking and you should easily be able to find a place.
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Option A is best and safest, I think. You could park around the Garden/North Station, but it's expensive and a pain in the ass.

FirstExit, you'll be moved back from school by then? I was hoping the pre-pre-party for Boston was a kegger in your dorm room!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • FirstExitFirstExit Posts: 973
    Option A is best and safest, I think. You could park around the Garden/North Station, but it's expensive and a pain in the ass.

FirstExit, you'll be moved back from school by then? I was hoping the pre-pre-party for Boston was a kegger in your dorm room!

If that were the case I would have already made a pre-pre-party thread!! Going home May 3rd though and I can't wait :D

I'm actually glad the tour starts when I'm back home, because I'll finally have a car again. Taking Amtrak from South Station to Phila-freakin-delphia in October was NOT the most enjoyable experience of my life. 11 hour ride home due to delays.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    A cheaper cab ride back to your car might be had if you park at the Wellington station off the Orange Line.

I'm guessing Wellington, which is in Medford, is twice as close as Alwife. Has a huge garage as well.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • FirstExitFirstExit Posts: 973
    jimed14 wrote:
    A cheaper cab ride back to your car might be had if you park at the Wellington station off the Orange Line.

I'm guessing Wellington, which is in Medford, is twice as close as Alwife. Has a huge garage as well.

Never tried Wellington, thanks though, I think I will if it's closer.
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    I actually parked at Wellington last week and yes, the parking lot is massive. But you're coming from the south, so this might not be the best.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    i suggest driving a 18 wheeler to the concert and parking wherever you fucking want.
    btw, boston traffic blows.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    chadwick wrote:
    i suggest driving a 18 wheeler to the concert and parking wherever you fucking want.
    btw, boston traffic blows.
    :lol:I'm taking the train right into North Station, and I'm there!!! ;):mrgreen:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad