Just ordered my new amp! :)

kigcatkigcat Posts: 298
edited April 2010 in Musicians and Gearheads
finally after 4 months of constant deliberation, changing of minds and much investigation ive finally ordered my new amp! :) A fender blues deluxe reissue in tweed! annoying thing is fender seems to have put there prices up last week. But no matter still ordered it. Should be delivered to work on thursday. The guy on the phone at GAK found it rather funny that i was gonna have it delivered to Allen and Heaths main offices but hey thats where i work. Ill keep you all informed. :)
I'm not saying stupidity should be a capital offence, but what say we take the safety labels off everything and let nature run it's course?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ScrapeMySkyScrapeMySky Posts: 426
    Congrats! Let's hope you found what you were looking for.
  • savmansavman Posts: 230
    Awesome! A good choice.
    Hope it sounds mint.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Watch the solder joints, they sometimes have trouble...

Other than that, they love playing with pedals. Great amps.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • kigcatkigcat Posts: 298
    hey guys. well it finally turned up yesterday and im really happy with it. The cleans on it are lovely. Warm, sparkley and really dynamically reactive. The dirty channel isnt very dirty at all but when wound up gives a nice slight crunch sound.Visually its gorgeous. The tweed is nice and clean and bright, The chrome panel is nice and shiny and all the dials go up to 12! haha (thats 2 louder nigel tuffnel haha) And MIG you were soo right it takes pedals lovely. Only tried a few on it so far, namely my proco rat, ts9 (which sounds heavenly through it with my strat) and my rotovibe which gets really nice and drippy.
    Only got one one gripe at the moment and thats the reverb, It sounds really nice but when i wind the reverb up near to 3/4 or full it starts to give off a low end hum. Does anyone know if this is a fault with the reverb unit or if its normal? As soon as i wind it down or switch it off it goes away but then when i wind it back up it comes back. Anyone had any experience of this at all? its kinda worrying me slightly and if it is a problem with the amp ill have to send it back which will be a real pain in the ass but if it has to happen then so be it.
    I'm not saying stupidity should be a capital offence, but what say we take the safety labels off everything and let nature run it's course?
    I would try swapping in a new reverb driver tube and see if that helps. I'd also check all the connections to the reverb tank. Both are pretty easy, and tubes are only $6-15 or so, depending on what you get. An Electro-Harmonix or Groove Tubes would probably be the way to go; isn't it just a 12AT7?
  • kigcatkigcat Posts: 298
    im pretty sure it doesnt use a tube in the reverb. theres 3 for the preamp and 2 for the power amp. cant seem to find any sign of one in the reverb. Kinda handy that they gave me the circuit diagrams with it. Weird thing is i was playing it for a few hours last night and it didnt do it once. Do you think it couldve maybe a kinda bedding in thing? Im sure i read somewhere when investigating the amp originally that they need to be switched on for around 3 hours to bed in before first use.
  • ScrapeMySkyScrapeMySky Posts: 426
    You're right. Both The Hot Rod and Blues series use solid state reverb drivers.
    I just looked up both schematics, and it turns out you're right. No tube reverb. I had always just assumed they were a tube driver, but I guess that's what I get for assuming...