Hartford --> New York after the show

ricardofurrielricardofurriel Posts: 264
edited April 2010 in The Porch
After some research, I came to the following conclusion:

- There's no way via public transportion to get back to NYC after the show;
- $150 is too much for a few hours of sleep

The first train to NYC is at 7am. Some locals please advise: bar to drink till 4am plus is it ok to crash at the train station for a few hours?

Thx,

Ric
Severed Hand
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    After some research, I came to the following conclusion:

- There's no way via public transportion to get back to NYC after the show;
    - $150 is too much for a few hours of sleep

The first train to NYC is at 7am. Some locals please advise: bar to drink till 4am plus is it ok to crash at the train station for a few hours?

Thx,

Ric
    Bars in Connecticut close at 2...last call at 145. And it is not okay to sleep in the train stations in CT....they close the parts that you have shelter in. Also, hartford is not the city you really want to be chillin' in, walking around after 3. It's no Camden, but its definately a tough city. You can def get a hotel for like 70 bucks, i think there was a thread about it yesteday, let me try and find it
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=127021&p=2917272&hilit=hartford+hotel+65#p2917272
    there you go man, some good infor on cheap hotels in that thread
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Grandma's right, don't mess with Hartford in the wee hours. For obvious safety reasons, it's best just to pony up for the hotel room.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    You can always try and jump on the fung wah bus from Boston to NY. Not sure if they stop in Hartford.

My friends are cops in Hartford. Nothing good happens after 2am
    Speaking of how rough Hartford can be....has anyone seen the Gandland (on the History Channel) on Los Solidos of Hartfors?!?!?! They couldn't have found more of a pussy gang to a Gangland on. Seriously they might as well have done one on the Jets from West Side Story.

Big Bird....always making his bird calls and wearing yellow. I named my bong Los Solidos the minute after watching this.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Speaking of how rough Hartford can be....has anyone seen the Gandland (on the History Channel) on Los Solidos of Hartfors?!?!?! They couldn't have found more of a pussy gang to a Gangland on. Seriously they might as well have done one on the Jets from West Side Story.

Big Bird....always making his bird calls and wearing yellow. I named my bong Los Solidos the minute after watching this.

worst episode of Gangland Ever. Made me ashamed to live that close. Oakland on the other hand.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Grayhound
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• FirstExitFirstExit Los Angeles Posts: 973
    Definitely
    Definitely
    Definitely...

get a hotel room.
  • YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    friends and i have room in the car if you're willing to help out with gas/tolls etc.

pm me
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • There's a horrible hostel, but it's not too far from downtown. It's the worst hostel I stayed in out of about 10 (smelled like cat piss everywhere), but it's cheap (about $25):

http://www.hostelz.com/hostel/9499-Mark-Twain-Hostel
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,836
    metsfan wrote:
    Grayhound
    there you go hartford to NYC
    12:30 AM
    Sun, May 16
    arrives 3 am
    $20 if purchased in advance on the web

GREYhound
  • Very helpful stuff here gang, particularly the fact that it's not wise to stay at the train station at 4am :lol:

I'm trying to get on the car ride with YieldtoNothing and if that doesn't work I will have to opt for the bus. I just hate to rush out of the venue to the bus... Love a few beers in a bar afterwards... :)
    Severed Hand
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,836
    Very helpful stuff here gang, particularly the fact that it's not wise to stay at the train station at 4am :lol:

I'm trying to get on the car ride with YieldtoNothing and if that doesn't work I will have to opt for the bus. I just hate to rush out of the venue to the bus... Love a few beers in a bar afterwards... :)
    you will have plenty of time to catch the bus if need be
    and there are plenty of bars that are very close to the bus station
    just buy your ticket ahead of time or its $10-15 bucks more