Options

"Song Sung blue" - another documentary with Ed

brainofmebrainofme Posts: 231
edited December 2007 in The Porch
Crazy Mark wrote:
There is a new listing in IMDB for a movie that Eddie is in coming out in 2008.

thanks to Crazy Mark for mentioning this in another thread.

well i searched and found the homepage of this film "Song Sung blue", which appears to be a documentary about a couple that are kind of a tribute band for Neil Diamond, as you can read on the website:

http://www.songsungblue.com

"SONG SUNG BLUE is a feature length documentary film that tells the alternately inspiring and tragic love story of Lightning & Thunder, a homegrown Milwaukee husband & wife singing duo who pay tribute to the music of Neil Diamond. For Mike and Claire Sardina, aka Lightning & Thunder, dreams are the fuel and music the engine of life. SONG SUNG BLUE goes behind the curtain with this brave couple, from their humble beginnings over 20 years ago to the threshold of fame, from disaster to rebirth through to the final chapters in the lives of these authentic American dreamers."

and it's true, Ed seems to appear in there, there's even a picture of him:

http://www.songsungblue.com/Song_Sung_Blue_Cast.html

the documentary is about them:

http://www.twofeetthick.com/tft/cc1995.action

07/08/95 - Summerfest: Marcus Amphitheater: Milwaukee, WI [130m]
attendance: 24,000
support act: The Frogs and Bad Religion
set: Oceans, Go, Animal, Even Flow (song stopped), Corduroy, Whipping, Better Man, Dissident, Last Exit, Spin the Black Circle, Tremor Christ, Jeremy, Daughter/(Stepping Stone), Improv, State of Love and Trust, Black, Not for You, Immortality, Alive, Blood/Improv (One of Those Days), I Got Shit, Rearviewmirror, Yellow Ledbetter
enc: Forever in Blue Jeans, Porch
notes: Security permitted cameras into this show. There is no pit at this venue and the seats are bolted down. The mood was tentative, given the outcome of the previous show in San Francisco. After becoming comfortable with an extremely appreciative audience, the show became unforgettable. Long, jammy version of 'Alive.' Stone discovers a new, goofy riff to inject into the middle of 'Blood' and the band has a good laugh over it. Eddie addresses the crowd before 'Not For You' about the recent tour difficulties. He quips, "I gotta tell ya, my stomach hurts like hell right now. I think I got cryptosporidium," a reference to a cryptosporidium outbreak in the Milwaukee water system in the early 90s. (Recall he left the stage early at PJ's previous show in San Francisco due to food poisioning.) Ed brings out a Neil Diamond impersonator and the guy's wife (local folks, Thunder and Lightning) to sing 'Forever in Blue Jeans.' Ed pulls up a chair and crosses his legs like he's just sitting in a coffee house with a few friends and sings the second verse. Fun show with the guys showing a lot of energy.
Vienna, Austria 2006
Munich, Germany 2007
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    wait, is that really eddie? his face looks a little, i dunno, off? is he an impersonator like those other two people in the pic? or maybe it's an old pic? or maybe i need more coffee...that's always a possibility :o lol