pedal board question

GJ48892GJ48892 Posts: 2
edited April 2010 in Musicians and Gearheads
hey all.....I just recently acquired an new bass amp head that is rack mountable. I was thinking about buying a 4 space rack, using 2 spaces for the amp and the empty 2 spaces to store my pedal board. I looked over the internet to see if I can find something like this, but only found people switching to rack mounted effects.

I want to keep my floor pedal board intact, just be able to store it in transit inside the rack case so I have less equip to hall around....I think the 2 spaces (about 3.5") would be enough for to hold most standard pedals.

has anyone seen anything like this? or know of a reason why its a bad idea? I'm fairly handy and think I could construct a pedal board to fit inside the rack, just not sure if there are any other issues Im missing,
thanks,
graham
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    They make racks with drawers, or maybe just spaces for drawers. Either way.....
  • GJ48892GJ48892 Posts: 2
    nice....so I could just get a 2 space drawer and make sure the pedal board fits inside with some foam padding or something on top so it doesn't move around to much.......that should work well i would think
    thanks,
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Let me introduce you to Middle Atlantic, your best source for quality rack gear:

http://www.middleatlantic.com/rackac/st ... rawers.htm

I'd be looking at that 2-space drawer. Cut a pedalboard to fit in the tray, then cut a piece of eggcrate foam to pad the top of your pedals.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.