Options

seeing alice in chains on 4/20

jr19jr19 Posts: 338
edited April 2010 in Other Music
which i believe is the day they discovered layne staley had passed. am i right on that??
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    a very sad day indeed
  • Options
    as excited as i am about seeing them tonight. just not gonna be the same without layne. needless to say!
  • Options
    mnesbittmnesbitt Posts: 16
    seen them 3-21-10 ...although layne is no longer with them william duvall has a voice of his own and his stage performance is level if not more powerful than layne's. duvall is the future of A.I.C.
  • Options
    disagree with Duvall stage performance. i thought he sang wonderful, but just seemed like he was trying to hard with the arm waving and pointing. seemed douchy! haha. they were good last night tho. had fun
  • Options
    what was he supposed to do? the river dance? give me a break. laynes been dead for over 14 years and its like everyone thinks the new singer should be an exact clone of him. layne made his own choices. hence:"your decision" get over the poor dead musician crap...william duvall does not imitate layne in anyway and shouldnt try to. LIKE I SAID HE IS THE FUTURE OF A.I.C
  • Options
    I REALLY want to see Alice In Chains live. They're pretty awesome at the moment and I think Duvall will prove all his critics wrong.
    It's gonna be a glorious day...
  • Options
    BamaPJFanBamaPJFan Posts: 410
    I saw AIC in Atlanta at the Tabernacle back in February. I'm going to see them again on April 30th at the Crawfish Boil in Birmingham. They were great in ATL - Duvall is a good frontman as far as I'm concerned.
    United Center (Chicago): 8/24/09
    Gibson Amphitheatre (Los Angeles): 10/7/09

• Options
    mnesbitt wrote:
    what was he supposed to do? the river dance? give me a break. laynes been dead for over 14 years
  • Options
    14yrs since new a.i.c release 8 since death
  • Options
    it was just my opinion, but i guess i struck a nerve..... i know i will not go to another show... just didnt like duvall's stage performance. will continue to buy the records but that one show was enough. they will never be the same to me anymore.... but still like em :mrgreen: