Boston Hotel Help

SomeySomey Posts: 121
edited April 2010 in The Porch
I dono anything about Boston, any deals on any hotels? Looking for a Hotel in the area of the TD Garden. Help out if you can. Thank you
Somey

E.V. - United Palace Theater 08/05/2008
E.V. - Beacon Theater 1 & 2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• WhittyWhitty Posts: 61
    We're staying at the Holiday Inn Express on Friend St. Right accross the street from the TD Garden. Not the cheapest place to stay, but you can't beat the location. I think it was $195 USD/night.
    "It makes much more sense to live in the present tense."

Toronto 2000
    Montreal 2003
    Halifax 2005
    St. John's (2x) 2005
    Boston 2010
    Hartford 2013
    Quebec City 2016
  • I'm looking at "Le Meridian-Cambridge MIT". It's $130-150 a night and it's a few subway stops away. Looks nice though. I'll probably be bookinG today.
    2000: DC / 2002: Letterman 2 / 2003: Raleigh, Charlotte, Pittsburgh, Philly, State College, Camden 1, Camden 2, DC, MSG 1, MSG 2, Hershey, Holmdel, Bridgeschool 1, Bridgeschool 2 / 2004: Reading / 2005: Philly / 2006: Camden 1, DC / 2008: Palm Beach,Camden 1,Camden 2,DC,MSG 1,MSG 2,Boston 2 / 2009: (EV) Philly 2, (EV) Baltimore 2, San Diego, Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4 / 2010: Boston, Newark, MSG 1, MSG 2 / 2011: (EV) Philly
  • try priceline or hotwire.
  • I snagged a 3.5 star hotel for $105/night from Priceline.

Check the Priceline thread for more details:
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=127021
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    i need help with this too... 1st time in Bosstown. We'll be takin the NYC Chinatown bus.
    i like sound...
  • McNairnMcNairn Posts: 284
    I am going to Boston with my wife and she will want a NICE hotel. I myself could sleep by the riverside in a ditch, but if I were to stay at a beautiful hotel close to shopping and old buildings and the TD Garden where might I stay? Any suggestions?
  • kg1982kg1982 Posts: 74
    boston is so small that it honestly isn't that hard to get anywhere--all you'll really be annoyed by is trying to get the train after the show, since it'll be packed. hence, the below is keeping in mind that you'll want to walk:

* holiday inn (friend street, walking distance)
    * holiday inn (blossom st, walking distance)
    * holiday inn express (rt 28/ mcgrath obrien, cambridge) -- probably cheapest. (2 train stops, or about a 2 mile walk)
    * residence inn (charlestown, walking distance)

those are your cheaper hotel chains. also in the area, and have decent weeknight rates if you catch a deal thru orbitz/ travelocity:
    * hotel marlowe, cambridge (1mi walk)
    * royal sonesta, cambridge (1mi walk)

boutique:
    * bullfinch (proximate, charming)

the garden sits on top of a commuter rail (to the burbs), and the green & orange lines. so, if you're ok with packed trains (or are going to mellow out around the show afterwards anyway), you have immediate access to: malden (orange), downtown/ back bay/ south end/ mission hill neighborhoods (orange) and cambridgeport, brookline, brighton, newton (green) and downtown/ kenmore (fenway)/ copley/ bu/ bc (green).

if you are flexible, you're just as well hotwiring or hotels.com'ing a hotel room. there are very few hotels that aren't right near T stops, especially if you select downtown area(s). i would avoid selecting: cambridge, somerville, east boston, south boston because from experience, the hotels they have cheap aren't anywhere near the train!

being that i live and work downtown--anyone is welcome to contact me if they're looking at a place and aren't sure of the location/ convenience/ etc.
  • Laf9124Laf9124 Posts: 342
    Try the Shawmutt INN. It is right across from the Garden, and has some pretty good sports bars around it.
  • TangerineTangerine Posts: 880
    Try Priceline for a 3.5 star in the financial district. We've gotten the Omni twice, once in early March for 79/night and again for May 17-19 for 110/night. Really nice hotel and maybe 15 minutes (probably a little less) walking distance to the Garden. And there's a parking garage right around the corner for only 18/night so you don't have to pay the 30/night (at least) for valet parking at the hotel.

If you're willing to pay the $$$ go for the Bullfinch. It's literally about 3 minutes from the Garden. We stayed there for the Boston I show in '06 but we got a great deal, I think it was only 149/night with an Expedia coupon but it would cost 235/night + tax so it's a little on the high end and the rooms are small.
    2006: Boston I, Camden II
    2007: Chicago
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield I & II, EV Boston
    2009: Philly III & IV
    2010: Boston
    2011: PJ20
    2012: Philly
    2013: Worcester I & II, Brooklyn I & II