Pearl Jam Unthought Known on ABC- Castle (video)

igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,797
edited April 2010 in The Porch
I miss igotid88
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cent208cent208 Posts: 435
    very cool, nice find
    "The pain is temporary the pride is forever."
  • Soulfire42Soulfire42 Posts: 404
    There was some bad editing on that clip.

From the moment I first heard Unthought Known on Backspacer, it conjured an image of a cheesy television show or movie with a scene like Rocky Balboa running up the steps in Philadelphia for me. I had a sense that this song would creep up in some sports scenario where the hero would be training his brains out yet enjoying the sights and sounds and "living life to the fullest." But there was was always something corny in the image I had.

So in some way, this clip you shared with us did not meet my expectation of how I'd find the song jammed into something, but it proved to be pretty laughable nonetheless. Maybe if I was familiar with the show or something I would find the song more appropriate or something. But it just struck me as very wrong on multiple levels.

When I first heard a bit of Unthought Known prior to it existing on Backspacer, I had a lot of hope for it. Brendan pretty much killed all that hope for me though. Damn I wish Unthought Known would have emerged as a better song that didn't hit me as being fit for television sitcoms or a silly sports movie from the moment I first heard it on BS.

I'll end my rambling now. ;)
  • SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    Yeah it didn't fit too well. The End on Castle was much better.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,797
    Soulfire42 wrote:
    There was some bad editing on that clip.

From the moment I first heard Unthought Known on Backspacer, it conjured an image of a cheesy television show or movie with a scene like Rocky Balboa running up the steps in Philadelphia for me. I had a sense that this song would creep up in some sports scenario where the hero would be training his brains out yet enjoying the sights and sounds and "living life to the fullest." But there was was always something corny in the image I had.

So in some way, this clip you shared with us did not meet my expectation of how I'd find the song jammed into something, but it proved to be pretty laughable nonetheless. Maybe if I was familiar with the show or something I would find the song more appropriate or something. But it just struck me as very wrong on multiple levels.

When I first heard a bit of Unthought Known prior to it existing on Backspacer, I had a lot of hope for it. Brendan pretty much killed all that hope for me though. Damn I wish Unthought Known would have emerged as a better song that didn't hit me as being fit for television sitcoms or a silly sports movie from the moment I first heard it on BS.

I'll end my rambling now. ;)

it's versatile
    I miss igotid88
    bump
    I miss igotid88
  • usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    cool. thanks for sharing.
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,033
    Second show to have Unthought Known - flashforward had it last year.
  • tickiticki Posts: 25
    It worked better on Flash Forward back in November. They played more of it and it started the show off, no talking, just visuals that helped tell some the of the story.
    MT59557 wrote:
    It worked better on Flash Forward back in November. They played more of it and it started the show off, no talking, just visuals that helped tell some the of the story.

there was some talking in the beginning. But I like the FF version better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-FhkXH_ri4
    I miss igotid88
  • FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,049
    Granted all I watch on television are comedies, but I love to hear Pearl Jam on television. Even if it is like putting a square peg through a round hole...bottom line is it is Pearl Jam and one more way to make them a part of your day.
    FY51755 wrote:
    Granted all I watch on television are comedies, but I love to hear Pearl Jam on television. Even if it is like putting a square peg through a round hole...bottom line is it is Pearl Jam and one more way to make them a part of your day.

I hear that.
    I miss igotid88
  • Gems and rhinestones.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • I thought the videos didn't match well with the song. But I don't watch those shows, so who am I to say...the second one was slightly more fitting imo.

Now onto playing the real song with visions of hearing it in 2 weeks! Thanks for making Unthought Known my song of the day.