I think my friends sister likes me....

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
edited April 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
I have felt this for a few years now, catch her looking at me, acting kind of flirty with me, and on Easter night when we were all out she kind of got close to me in the car on the way home (she had a bit to drink but surely knew what she was doing) and other little things over the years that make me feel she likes me.

Having said that, would you date your friends sister?
Me and her brother are close friends, I have huge respect for him.
That is why I have not taken things further as I respect him.
It's kinda been bugging me for a while as I think me and her would be a good couple.
We are opposite of each other in terms of music tastes, opposites attract?
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    work that
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    every girl is someone's sister or daughter so...
    work that

:mrgreen:
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    I've seen it ruin some friendships around me. Not always the best idea, but not easy to ignore feelings. Be carefull and good luck. Hope it works out if you decide to try it.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    norm wrote:
    every girl is someone's sister or daughter so...
    work that

:mrgreen:

and they need to be worked like an only child :lol:

better the friend than joe dingo from down the block
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Is she crazy (in general)? y/n
    Easter flirting just comes off as desperate. Enough time has passed since Jesus died that you shouldn't fall for a sympathy lay. Wait until Christmas. See what she does when you present her with you dick in a box.
    What's the age difference between she and her brother? +/- 5 years?
    If she's in Junior high, you better wait a few months.
    Does he have other sisters if you strike out with sister #1? y/n
    Preferably older than you so you can tell if that azz will hold up.
    What if you break up with your guy friend?
    You don't want to tear a family apart because you and your buddy can no longer play Magic® together.

Seriously. Honestly answering these 4 simple questions could save you from making the biggest mistake of your life.
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    One of my best friends' sister is in a very serious relationship with one of his close college buddies. He has never had an issue with it and as I recall, he actually may have helped instigate it.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    How does your friend feel about the whole ordeal?

Are you attracted to her?

Lastly, given the chance...how far would you go? ;):mrgreen:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • FirstExitFirstExit Posts: 973
    I have felt this for a few years now, catch her looking at me, acting kind of flirty with me, and on Easter night when we were all out she kind of got close to me in the car on the way home (she had a bit to drink but surely knew what she was doing) and other little things over the years that make me feel she likes me.

It's kinda been bugging me for a while as I think me and her would be a good couple.

screw-standard.jpg
    nut2.gif
    titanium%20hex%20button%20bolt%20420c300.jpg
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    dcfaithful wrote:

To answer your three qns....
    He wouldn't know.
    Yes I am.
    I would first let my friend know and ask if he's cool with it, I wouldn't do it behind his back.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    FirstExit wrote:

screw-standard.jpg
    nut2.gif

lol I don't get it?
    Is she crazy (in general)? y/n
    Easter flirting just comes off as desperate. Enough time has passed since Jesus died that you shouldn't fall for a sympathy lay. Wait until Christmas. See what she does when you present her with you dick in a box.
    What's the age difference between she and her brother? +/- 5 years?
    If she's in Junior high, you better wait a few months.
    Does he have other sisters if you strike out with sister #1? y/n
    Preferably older than you so you can tell if that azz will hold up.
    What if you break up with your guy friend?
    You don't want to tear a family apart because you and your buddy can no longer play Magic® together.

Seriously. Honestly answering these 4 simple questions could save you from making the biggest mistake of your life.

To answer some of these qns.
    Crazy no.
    Her and her bro are twins lol, not much age difference.
    She is soon to be 23 so not in school.
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    I say give her the business.. ask questions later.. offer your sister up for your friend to make it fair :lol:
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    I say give her the business.. ask questions later.. offer your sister up for your friend to make it fair :lol:

Married, much older than him lol
    dcfaithful wrote:

He wouldn't know.
    Yes I am.
    I would first let my friend know and ask if he's cool with it, I wouldn't do it behind his back.

You're a good friend. If you're interested, given your respect for your friend...running it past him and looking for his stamp of approval would be quite an admirable gesture.

:thumbup: Go get her!
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    FirstExit wrote:

screw-standard.jpg
    nut2.gif

lol I don't get it?

Screw
    Nut
    Bolt
    now I get it lol, but I already knew what each was from the pics lol
    now I get it lol, but I already knew what each was from the pics lol

Well sir, that is my advice.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    8934492_l.gif
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:
    8934492_l.gif

Seeing jimed in here made me want to say something. (jimed, I think you know what I'm about to mention...)

Okay. I love my girlfriend...till the end of time. Wouldn't choose anybody else to spend all my time with.

Having said that...just do me one favor. Establish her outlook on Ronnie James Dio. Then, and only then will you know if it's the right choice.

I've learned to accept my girlfriend's unappreciative nature towards the king of metal, but I still sometimes look at her and just think what kind of imbalance is in her brain and why did it happen?

:twisted:

just teasing....

kind of....

remember.....Dio.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    ronnie_james_dio_.bmp
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,045
    haven't read the thread but........

what about your "personal space"?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Run it by him, see what he thinks.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • dcfaithful wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

He wouldn't know.
    Yes I am.

You're a good friend. If you're interested, given your respect for your friend...running it past him and looking for his stamp of approval would be quite an admirable gesture.

:thumbup: Go get her!

word. Talk to him about it. I've had a similar situation (except I'm the brother) and my friend talked to me about and it was all good. Big question...ARE YOU A D-BAG? that could definitely be a deal breaker. :lol:
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    This thread is useless without pics

Hehe
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

metsfan wrote:

Hehe

Of me or her ? :lol:
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i saw her on youtube picking her nose...
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,045
    dunkman wrote:
    i saw her on youtube picking her nose...
    standing real close to someone as she flicked it on the floor.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    meh!
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    metsfan wrote:

Hehe

Of me or her ? :lol:
    her
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?