edited April 2010 in The Porch
someone posted this on facebook.

http://rateyourmusic.com/list/nigh/ten_ ... ses_of_ass

rocking horse of time, indeed.
keep on rockin' in the free world.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MD97728MD97728 Posts: 115
    whoever posted this (the article not his thread) is just a complete loser and doesn't deserve to be a fan of the greatest band EVER.
  • airblue1airblue1 Posts: 404
    Yikes thats a lot of Hate

Must be Scott Stapp's page
    Hail To the Victors
    I refer to those in front...
  • Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    yea i cant tell whether or not this is sarcasm or just generally bad writing
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • craigbcraigb Posts: 806
    Hoary!
    "Speak clearly if you speak at all; carve every word before you let it fall"

Los Angeles 10.7.2009
  • it's kinda funny, but it's pretty sad when someone has to take the time to do up something about something/one they HATE. What's the fucking point of that? That would be like someone starting a thread about how much Nickelback suck.....oh......wait a minute.........
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • I've never intentionally read the words "rocking horse" and "of time"' in the same paragraph before. It doesn't make any sense! But listen to it in the song, and it's more like a ROCKING horse of time. Like a horse that's rockin' out... wait wait wait... I think I've found the inspiration for my submission to the 10c comic contest! SCOOP! "Stone Gossard and the Rocking Horse of Time" Copyright 2010 Lone Drawn Meteor. :lol::lol::lol::| srsly. It's mine. Don't touch.

Dude's pretty witty. It's super funny! Two things that really got me laughing:
    "Vedder's doddery warbling"
    and
    "Band members bash on GI Joe lunchboxes and odds and ends they find lying around the studio in a vaguely percussive manner. Open album with it."

Read his own response to the first article... It's like being kissed and kicked at the same time. Hahahaha!

http://rateyourmusic.com/list/nigh/ten_songs_that_prove_pearl_jam_arent_all_that_bad_after_all
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    More "yah yah yah and the me me me's" from the pearl jam community. I love Pearl Jam. They are my favorite band. However...

IF THIS GUY DETESTS THEM.... GOOD! HE HAS A RIGHT TO HIS OPINION no matter what YOU (ya fuckin narcissists) think of it! :roll:
  • in eds treein eds tree Posts: 539
    More "yah yah yah and the me me me's" from the pearl jam community. I love Pearl Jam. They are my favorite band. However...

IF THIS GUY DETESTS THEM.... GOOD! HE HAS A RIGHT TO HIS OPINION no matter what YOU (ya fuckin narcissists) think of it! :roll:

wtf? hahahahahahaha. not sure what that means...i think you are talking shit, but it is pretty incoherent. but, uh, i posted it cause i thought it was funny. hence the thread title...? someone's always gotta be the shit stirrer.
    keep on rockin' in the free world.
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,831
    I wouldn't be surprised if he's one of those guys, "Yeah, I like Ten, but everything after that sucked because it was different from their first one."

Yet, he would also be a not-fan of the band because "Yeah, I like Ten, but why are they sticking with that same sound in the Avacado and Backspacer? GROW UP ALREADY!!!!!!!111oneoneoneoneoneoneone!!!!"
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    I think this is hilarious. And I love this band's music...
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Birdman77Birdman77 Posts: 21
    I'm sorry, but there is no way this person really hates Pearl Jam and yet knows some deep cuts off albums that were not commercially super popular. It just doesn't make sense.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,926
    Betcha it's Stone fucking around. :lol:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    Birdman77 wrote:
    I'm sorry, but there is no way this person really hates Pearl Jam and yet knows some deep cuts off albums that were not commercially super popular. It just doesn't make sense.

i have a strong hate for kubrick, but i can get into why each one of his movies are pretentious piles of shit (except dr. strangelove and the first half of full metal jacket) by dissecting each scene.
    at least that guy supported why he dislikes the band and doesn't give some superficial reason
    ie "well kurt cobain didn't like them, so i'm not going to"
  • It's half witty humor, and half lazy, unintelligible crap, so I give it a 6 on the "why-did-i-waste-my-time-on-this" scale.
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    at least that guy supported why he dislikes the band and doesn't give some superficial reason. ie "well kurt cobain didn't like them, so i'm not going to"
    that is exactly why i hate Pearl Jam too
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Betcha it's Stone fucking around. :lol:

Ha!! You're probably right!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    at least that guy supported why he dislikes the band and doesn't give some superficial reason. ie "well kurt cobain didn't like them, so i'm not going to"
    that is exactly why i hate Pearl Jam too

haha

i hate them because they rip off creed.
  • Dru_CortezDru_Cortez Posts: 953
    Pearl Jam is 1 thing, but...
    you can't bash Emerson, Lake, + Palmer.
    It's just... I mean... it's... you just CAN'T, OK?!

But Wishlist makes the pro-PJ top 10 list?
    Kudos for Sleight of Hand, though...
    I mean... Jeez, that's all I got.
    Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
  • PlanktonPlankton Posts: 692
    I found the description of Last Exit funny and the second article rather amusing.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    who the fuck doesn't like porch?