May 18th is free at the Tweeter Center (just sayin :))

YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Posts: 4,641
edited April 2010 in The Porch
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    It doesnt seem like anyone is brave enough to have a show that early... although there is a show a few days later. :)
  • wpg pearlwpg pearl Posts: 1,258
    keep dreaming............
    ajb
  • PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    Too late for a bigger venue. That's all there is to it. Let's start looking at theaters or smaller venues. If Neil wasn't at the Palace in Albany, I would say it could be there.
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • wpg pearl wrote:
    keep dreaming............
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    PJ_Lukin wrote:
    Too late for a bigger venue. That's all there is to it. Let's start looking at theaters or smaller venues. If Neil wasn't at the Palace in Albany, I would say it could be there.
    few clubs in nyc that can sell out pj tickets in seconds

just saying
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• May 18th is a month away. I think there's plenty of time to announce the date, put tix on sale and sellout most or about 85% of the show.
    metsfan wrote:
    PJ_Lukin wrote:

just saying
    Any club in NYC would sellout PJ in seconds... or anywhere for that matter.

The garden woudl have to be announced in the next week, but I doubt its too late... yet...
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    drsluggo wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    PJ_Lukin wrote:

just saying

The garden woudl have to be announced in the next week, but I doubt its too late... yet...
    dude i hate to break it you but pj aren't playing a big venue or amphitheater for that matter in boston. i just pulled up 2 tickets for td garden 17th show and you think it isn't to late to announce another show at td garden, lol. if pj do play on the 18th it will either be a club show in boston or nyc or foxwoods(alota big name are playing here as of late)
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• few clubs in nyc that can sell out pj tickets in seconds

just saying[/quote]

The garden woudl have to be announced in the next week, but I doubt its too late... yet...[/quote] dude i hate to break it you but pj aren't playing a big venue or amphitheater for that matter in boston. i just pulled up 2 tickets for td garden 17th show and you think it isn't to late to announce another show at td garden, lol. if pj do play on the 18th it will either be a club show in boston or nyc or foxwoods(alota big name are playing here as of late)[/quote]

I think if they announce Tweeter this week they'll sellout the first 6 sections and a ton of lawn stuff right away, especially if lawn is around $40.
    metsfan wrote:
    dude i hate to break it you but pj aren't playing a big venue or amphitheater for that matter in boston. i just pulled up 2 tickets for td garden 17th show and you think it isn't to late to announce another show at td garden, lol. if pj do play on the 18th it will either be a club show in boston or nyc or foxwoods(alota big name are playing here as of late)
    I checked the other day and only pairs I could pull were behind the stage... they could sell out 80%+ of a second show at the Garden still without a problem - its not like a HUGE % of tickets are going to be unsold because there wasn't an extra 10 days of on-sale time. You'll get the initial surge at the on-sale, some sales until the show and probably a surge as its almost there of people deciding to go as its almost time.

And the odds are great that if they were going to do a smaller club show they would have announced it already. I realize they don't need to plan it out months in advance since its so much smaller, but they're probably not going to wait until 2-3 weeks before either I would imagine.
  • jg1988jg1988 Posts: 181
    verizon wireless arena Manchester, NH! just sayin'
  • drsluggo wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    I checked the other day and only pairs I could pull were behind the stage... they could sell out 80%+ of a second show at the Garden still without a problem - its not like a HUGE % of tickets are going to be unsold because there wasn't an extra 10 days of on-sale time. You'll get the initial surge at the on-sale, some sales until the show and probably a surge as its almost there of people deciding to go as its almost time.

And the odds are great that if they were going to do a smaller club show they would have announced it already. I realize they don't need to plan it out months in advance since its so much smaller, but they're probably not going to wait until 2-3 weeks before either I would imagine.

If they did a club show my bet is it would be 10C only, and they wouldn't have to announce it until a couple days before (remember the Vic?)
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
    May 18th is a month away. I think there's plenty of time to announce the date, put tix on sale and sellout most or about 85% of the show.

Hence the problem, ask any promoter and they will tell you it is the last 10-20% of ticket sales where the profit lies. Big venue is OUT !
    PJ_Lukin wrote:
    May 18th is a month away. I think there's plenty of time to announce the date, put tix on sale and sellout most or about 85% of the show.

Hence the problem, ask any promoter and they will tell you it is the last 10-20% of ticket sales where the profit lies. Big venue is OUT !
    If that's the case PJ isnt making a dime in almost any city except NY... :)
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    what is the shortest turnaround previously?

from announcement to show date?

i thought someone said it was around a month?
    drsluggo wrote:
    PJ_Lukin wrote:

If that's the case PJ isnt making a dime in almost any city except NY... :)

Pearl Jam ALWAYS gets paid. It is the promoter who will be out the bucks. There is no doubt that when tours are planned, the promoters and the venues know beforehand that they will not make any money on tickets in some venues. They hope for concession and follow up business for less expensive shows for profits. Booking an act like PJ is prestigious and good for luring other big names into the place, a sort of loss leader.
  • juan lesterjuan lester Posts: 321

the John Tester for senate concert in missoula, mt - 2005 i think - was a bit less than a month between announcement and concert, but it wasn't the normal 10C situation though. i got tix thru a friend, and i have no idea how he scored them (7th row center btw - it was unreal).
    uke can save the world
  • Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    The DCU Center in Worcester....

Just Sayin' ;)
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875

the John Tester for senate concert in missoula, mt - 2005 i think - was a bit less than a month between announcement and concert, but it wasn't the normal 10C situation though. i got tix thru a friend, and i have no idea how he scored them (7th row center btw - it was unreal).

i think that doesn't count... because they knew there would be a crowd there anyway?