immortality guitar setup

just davejust dave Posts: 260
edited January 2012 in Musicians and Gearheads
Just listened to immortality and have always wondered about the gear that they use. I think stone plays the solo and the tone he gets is unreal. What is his setup for this song? what did mike use?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JW42505JW42505 Posts: 113
    Its not a Stone solo, its a Mike solo both on the original, and live. Mike usually uses a 59 Gibson les paul live, studio was an acoustic. Stone play backing chords, and Eddie plays the intro. Mike has been using savage amps for dirty, and old fender tweeds for clean. Effects Mike uses live are delay, boss keeley mod blues driver, and a few im missing. Ive seen Stone play acoustics, les pauls, and strats for this song. One of the best!!
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    JW42505 wrote:
    Its not a Stone solo, its a Mike solo both on the original, and live. Mike usually uses a 59 Gibson les paul live, studio was an acoustic. Stone play backing chords, and Eddie plays the intro. Mike has been using savage amps for dirty, and old fender tweeds for clean. Effects Mike uses live are delay, boss keeley mod blues driver, and a few im missing. Ive seen Stone play acoustics, les pauls, and strats for this song. One of the best!!
    Piggybacking---

Mike uses a vibe (Now an MM4) on the solos too. Anytype of univibe/chorus can get ya close. As for later versions, the first solo has a lot of volume swells.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • For the main verse riff - A long time ago I remember playing immortality on either a tele (neck pickup) or a de armond gretsch copy (big hollow body jazz gtr) through a 70s vintage fender twin. There was a touch of overdrive from a tube screamer clone. Seem to remember it sounding very very close to the record...
    Joel