"..salt and freshly ground black people"

Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
edited April 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-p ... 627335.stm

An Australian publisher has had to pulp and reprint a cook-book after one recipe listed "salt and freshly ground black people" instead of black pepper.

Penguin Group Australia had to reprint 7,000 copies of Pasta Bible last week, the Sydney Morning Herald has reported.

The reprint cost A$20,000 ($18,000; £12,000), but stock in bookshops will not be recalled as it is "extremely hard" to do so, Penguin said.

The recipe was for spelt tagliatelle with sardines and prosciutto.

"We're mortified that this has become an issue of any kind, and why anyone would be offended, we don't know," head of publishing Bob Sessions is quoted as saying by the Sydney newspaper.

Penguin said almost every one of the more than 150 recipes in the book listed salt and freshly ground black pepper, but a misprint occurred on just one page.

"When it comes to the proofreader, of course they should have picked it up, but proofreading a cook-book is an extremely difficult task. I find that quite forgivable," Mr Sessions said.

If anyone complains about the "silly mistake", they will be given the new version, Penguin said.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    oops.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    Stuff happens, can you imagine if this happened over here in the US.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,045
    g under p wrote:

Peace
    Oh I could hear The Revs. Jackson and Sharpton now!! :lol::lol: They do do good work , but sometimes it's silly what they go on about.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    mickeyrat wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace
    Oh I could hear The Revs. Jackson and Sharpton now!! :lol::lol: They do do good work , but sometimes it's silly what they go on about.

Some people have too much time on their hands.
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    That's classic..... I would hunt down that book just for the printing error!! I have a family member in the printing industry... and the recent Holden campaign with "free sunroof" for all Barinas....was an error by the graphic designer, not picked up by the proofreader until they had completed the print job and it had been sent to to dealers. There was shit flying for a few days and then they decided to run it...probably the only way they could get people to buy a Barina! :lol: