Hail, Hail and Jeff

edited April 2010 in The Porch
been really into this song lately. probably my favorite fast song of their's now. i love how Jeff's bass really drives this song, especially live. he just owns it. all the guitars blend perfectly. the raw production quality on the album is just perfect too.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Agreed. Both the studio and Live = Amazing.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Hail, Hail has been my favorite of the week- been listening to it a lot in particular these past few days! Just one kick ass, incredible song!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • samjam wrote:
    Hail, Hail has been my favorite of the week- been listening to it a lot in particular these past few days! Just one kick ass, incredible song!
    funny me too. about a week ago i was driving and starting blasting this song on repeat all the way home. been my number one this week.
  • StuffnJunkStuffnJunk Posts: 896
    i love the studio version so much - the crunch of the guitars, Jacks drumming, Eddies vocals - that i always think this song is weak on bootlegs.....the guitars are less crunchy, drumming is not as tight, eddies vocals not as good

may be the biggest contrast for me of a song where the studio version is one of my all time favorites, but i skip the song on bootlegs
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • release00release00 Posts: 347
    Crazy, I'm in a hail hail phase right now. The last three weeks, every time it comes on I'm just like "fuck yes" hoping for it in kc or stl
    "So much it dont show"
  • The hail, hail letterman performance from 96 is the most amazing version. The ending is so moving. One of my fav PJ performances ever
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • vercemanverceman Posts: 681
    The hail, hail letterman performance from 96 is the most amazing version.

Can someone post a high quality audio file?
  • SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    Thats a reason I really dig Backspacer....Jeff is all over that album.