Above

mnjamfanmnjamfan Posts: 83
edited April 2010 in The Porch
A little drunk (semi) and listening to a little Mad Season..... didn't really realize how awesome they were till right now! Just sayin!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• arqarq Posts: 8,012
    Well it's been 15 years since that album came out and is as good as the day it came out, one of my top 5 albums of all time :!:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    edited April 2010
    Agreed. An epic album it is.

"Wake up" is worth having the album alone imho. That song is AMAZING Sad, but Amazing. Contains one of the best bass lines ever if not the best.
    Post edited by red mos on
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • I resently dusted this cd off.Mike is amazing on this record,to say the least.I have it on LP and Layne personally etched the whole B side with A bad ass design. I won't even play it but I had to open it a check it out.The song I'm above is my new favorite.

Noblesville,Indiana here we come!!! ; )))
    if there was A reason it was you..
  • booth jambooth jam Posts: 45
    I agree this is an awesome album, it's a hidden gem. Stayleys voice is so powerful on this.
  • snertsnert Posts: 219
    Agreed. That Mad Season CD is one of the most underrated of all time imo. A classic album which never really sold in huge amounts like it deserved to.
  • EvenstevenEvensteven Posts: 869
    Was anyone else originally upset that those McCready tunes weren't PJ tunes?
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • StoneAmentStoneAment Posts: 393
    Evensteven wrote:
    Was anyone else originally upset that those McCready tunes weren't PJ tunes?

Not really because I've still heard them and they were done with a great vocalist anyway. Also Mad Season gave him the confidence to bring his writing to Pearl Jam.

It's a solid record but I'm just going to mention Long Gone Day as a personal favourite, very unique (it's also followed on the record by the awesome November Hotel)
    Mike McCready makes the energizer bunny look tired.