Music Inspired tattoo idea...input would be apppreciated!

bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
edited April 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Heya folks,
So, I have this idea for a tattoo. I was thinking on a tattoo of a speaker cone. Now, it's not going to be exactly like the pictures I have below, it's obviously going to be drawn and reworked a little bit.
But, in your opinions...is this a good tattoo idea? :)

Here are some pictures to give you an idea.
EMNBETA15A8.jpg
stock-photo-old-speaker-cone-isolated-on-white-1816682.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• canoegirlcanoegirl Posts: 295
    i can see a lot of good ideas for a tatoo in this, good base idea, rings need color to show depth, may i ask what your reasoning is behind this ? what is going to be at the center ? i'm getting excited about this i don't even have a tatoo, my daughter does, lol, dmb and she is going to keep adding to it, i was against the idea of her using any kind of label on her body but she knows where she is going with it so... :). i think this is a very cool start, :thumbup:
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    canoegirl wrote:
    i can see a lot of good ideas for a tatoo in this, good base idea, rings need color to show depth, may i ask what your reasoning is behind this ? what is going to be at the center ? i'm getting excited about this i don't even have a tatoo, my daughter does, lol, dmb and she is going to keep adding to it, i was against the idea of her using any kind of label on her body but she knows where she is going with it so... :). i think this is a very cool start, :thumbup:
    True.. Getting the detail right is gonna be key, so it doesnt turn out as just a circle blob.. My friend has a moon tatoo that turned out bad for this reason... find a good artist and you should be fine.. My friend is working on a tatoo for me based on the "Do The Evolution" video.. trying to get a 4 minute cartoon into one still picture is proving to be difficult.. but we will get it right before the pain..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    u might get asked if your a bass head . :o
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    from watching Miami Ink, the guys always warned their customers how difficult perfect circles are to create and how poorly they hold up over time
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    canoegirl wrote:

The main reason is just my absolute love for anything musical. I guess it's a reminder to always keep it around me, to keep listening, and to keep expanding my collection.
    The way to listen to music, and most things, are through speakers...unless it's at a live show, etc. I guess it just seemed fitting.
    I like the idea of different colours being added for the circles, that'll be an idea i look into, thanks.

And I hope it doesn't turn into a big blob! A good artist is gonna be key.
  • yeah you should definitely get a good tattoo artist; i see this tat as having the potential to becoming a nipple. maybe it's just me but i would keep thinking of other musical symbols that have a lot of meaning to you. but of course it's your choice and i might just be the only one who thinks that way :lol:
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,045
    Hmmm, not sure dude. I understand your thought behind it, but is something this plain (even with artist interpretation) what really can convey the idea for you? Surely there must be something else musically related that would get that across better and way cooler? Think of your favorite song since forever and put the opening notes on a scale?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14