Mike McCready

StoneAmentStoneAment Posts: 393
edited April 2010 in The Porch
To me Mike's one of the main reasons I love seeing Pearl Jam, he's the duracell bunny for the band, always exciting to watch, always gets the crowd going and he really gives the shows a great boost of energy, I've never seen him off his game.

I work at a hospital and I've recently been on a unit that treats a lot of Crohn's patients. I was aware of the disease before (cos of Mike) but I didn't realise how serious it can be. Quite honestly the sickets people I've ever seen are Crohn's patients and the problems it causes are immense. I had one surgeon tell me he'd rather have a low grade cancer than Crohn's. To see Mike come out every stage and not just play but put his heart and soul into it and really make sure every one has a good time is incredible. I hope he stays well and for both himself his family and his fans because Mike we love it when you point at us, throw your guitar behind your head or just run around like a madman. Thank you!
Mike McCready makes the energizer bunny look tired.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BlahBlah Posts: 469
    ~ Cready was sent from heaven for us. ~
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    ~ Cready was sent from heaven for us. ~
    Amen
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,685
    He truly is a God. I hope he can still play for yrs to come. I've only seen PJ a couple of times (never had a chance to see them back in the early 90s) and he is just amazing to watch. So i hope he can stay healthy as he can, because I would love to see many morePJ shows in the future....ok that last part is a little selfish on my part :D
    But don't know much about Crohns, sounds nasty, just hope with the right care, Mike will be with us for a long time :D
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    when i see this thread tittle i knew im gonna post this:
    MIKE IS GOD
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,685
    when i see this thread tittle i knew im gonna post this:
    MIKE IS GOD
    :clap::clap:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2