seriously- how hard is it for 10club to tell us

JR86440JR86440 Posts: 742
edited April 2010 in The Porch
"we are still working/hoping for a May 18th date.. We will let you know in the next week" ..You email them and they say "sorry, no news at this time"...this isnt top secret national security information but sometimes the powers that be sure act like it...I know, they do a lot of great things for us but this being secretive thing is just a bit over the top..
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    Kat told me 2 weeks ago to email them if I had questions....this was in regards to the free Backspacer downloads. I also added a question about the Philly boots. Still waiting on a response.... Communication is not their strongest attribute and I have never seen a company hold information so close to their chest before.
  • JR86440JR86440 Posts: 742
    Kat told me 2 weeks ago to email them if I had questions....this was in regards to the free Backspacer downloads. I also added a question about the Philly boots. Still waiting on a response.... Communication is not their strongest attribute and I have never seen a company hold information so close to their chest before.

I know it..it isnt like we need specific detailed information.. people make trips and travel for the band so you would think they could throw us a bone every once in a while..
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,763
    They really aren't the one to blame. They work for the band/mgmt.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    "sorry, no news at this time".... better than "not happening"
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,904

your most eloquent post as far back as I can remember, keep up the good work.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    100 Pacer wrote:

your most eloquent post as far back as I can remember, keep up the good work.

:thumbup:
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    one word

hype

pj loves when crazed fan come on here and flood the message board with pie in the sky rumors of venues and 10c only shows.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• metsfan wrote:
    one word

hype

pj loves when crazed fan come on here and flood the message board with pie in the sky rumors of venues and 10c only shows.
    yeah, but lets face it, most fans love it too. they love guessing and debating what's gonna happen next, all of this hush hush business is what they live for.
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • they cant tell you what they dont know. blame the band.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    metsfan wrote:
    one word

hype

yeah, but lets face it, most fans love it too. they love guessing and debating what's gonna happen next, all of this hush hush business is what they live for.
    i hate to be honest with you(everyone). i think it's silly and vfloods the board with fanboy teeny bopper bs. it is funny though.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,694
    ComeToTX wrote:
    They really aren't the one to blame. They work for the band/mgmt.
    Too many people fail to grasp this concept it seems.
    The fan club may have no real knowledge of the status or lack thereof of TBD.
    And if they have any knowledge they are most likely told not to say anything until details are worked out or officially fall through.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • shawnb199shawnb199 Posts: 133
    Keep in mind that there are always negotiations that go into these bookings. If they release any information which makes it harder for them not to hold the show, their negotiating position is weakened. They threw us a bone by putting TBD on the calendar, and until there is concrete information, I don't know why you would expect anything more.
  • maverickmaverick Posts: 1,201
    I wonder if the lack of info on the Philly boots is related to language in the contract with Target that may stipulate they can't promote/announce/etc. anything related to a follow-up release (of any kind - cds, dvds, or both) until such and such a date to allow adequate time to promote Backspacer... Just a thought
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    I would love a quick 'we are still working on a show' but I THINK you can take that away from their replies of 'no news to report at this time.'

So I am assuming (and this might be where I get myself into trouble) that if the show was not happening they would say that, but since they are not then the management is either waiting for the Garden or working on a plan B (or both).

Long story short, assume a show is going to happen until they say definitively it will not.