Any news for next x-mas single

maxferlmaxferl Posts: 118
edited May 2010 in The Porch
Anyone have info for next x-mas single, release date, song ?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• smanchacsmanchac Posts: 255
    i agree, its may already!
    2000 10.14 10.15
    2003 4.1 4.3 4.5 4.6 4.8 4.9 4.11 4.13 6.9 6.10
    2004 10.8
    2008 6.14 6.17 6.22
    2009 9.21 9.22 9.25 10.4
    2010 5.18 5.20 5.21
    2012 7.4 7.5 7.7 7.9 7.10 9.30
    2013 7.19 10.21 10.22 10.25 12.4 12.6

35 Shows; 1040 Songs
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,789
    Some dude posted here a few days back

sayin it's been pressed, and it's sports themed

he seemed credible
  • san pedrosan pedro Posts: 169
    i guess if you want to get the x-mas single on time you have to join the R.E.M. fanclub. :P
    "DON'T HATE THE PLAYER, HATE THE GAME"
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Is it really called the Christmas single?

Maybe that's why we are assuming its late. I thought it was just called Fan Club single.
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576

Maybe that's why we are assuming its late. I thought it was just called Fan Club single.

That. Or what 10C calls it, the "annual single"
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049

...good point .. it was ALWAYS called the "holiday single" .. and we USE to get it around november-ish... but every year it gets further and further away .. and once it over laps a year im contacting my lawer :lol::lol::lol:
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    yeah, i read news about it somewhere on one of the other 100 threads that already exist on this topic :lol:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • san pedrosan pedro Posts: 169
    joe2468 wrote:

...good point .. it was ALWAYS called the "holiday single" .. and we USE to get it around november-ish... but every year it gets further and further away .. and once it over laps a year im contacting my lawer :lol::lol::lol:

class action lawsuit!

don't piss off the pearl jam fans! :x
    "DON'T HATE THE PLAYER, HATE THE GAME"
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    They're runnin behind, right on schedule.
  • DewieCox wrote:
    They're runnin behind, right on schedule.

hee hee hee how true how true.. but I still love em' better late than never :D
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,831
    joe2468 wrote:

That 1994 single never came...
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • The minute someone has mp3's please send them to me (email below) and I will post them on gremmie.net for all the world.

email: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:m@gremmie.net">m@gremmie.net</a><!-- e -->
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    In my most recent renewal email it said "annual gift". No mention of a single. So they could send me a little rubber ducky, and be within their description.

:lol:
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • maxferlmaxferl Posts: 118
    joe2468 wrote:

True but they release 4 songs on the 1995 single
  • brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
    seriously this thing could be banged out in a day.

1. pick a cover song from any show (I don't believe they need the rights to it since the single is not sold)
    2. pick an outtake or a b-side from any era for side 2
    3. get jeff to give up one of his photos, or crappy art for the cover
    4. ed types the song titles
    5. send to press

do this in september before holiday.

i mean really.
  • mbangel10mbangel10 Posts: 548
    At this point, I'm just hoping that we get to see the Philly bootlegs before the next "holiday" single.
    Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11
  • Penny453Penny453 Posts: 200
    it's funny..every year they run later and later with the single... everyone knows not to expect it till spring sometime... I didn't even notice till recently I never even realized I didn't get mine last year...with getting married and everything I simply forgot. thankfully I was able to buy one off the website..which sucked, but at least they had one. Hopefully this year they won't forget me again.
    "And even when I'm right with you I'm so far away"
    maxferl wrote:
    joe2468 wrote:

True but they release 4 songs on the 1995 single

Yup, according to legend, the 1994 single was so late, they said "fuck it" and they did two records for 1995. If you were a member for either year (or both), you got all four songs.

So technically, the 1994 single never did come.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    Penny453 wrote:
    it's funny..every year they run later and later with the single... everyone knows not to expect it till spring sometime... I didn't even notice till recently I never even realized I didn't get mine last year...with getting married and everything I simply forgot. thankfully I was able to buy one off the website..which sucked, but at least they had one. Hopefully this year they won't forget me again.

You never got yours?

I'd contact 10 Club. Even though you ended up paying for one, that is all kinds of just wrong. Maybe there's something they could do. Now, if you don't mind spending the $4 (or whatever) for something that you shouldn't have had to spend additional money on, it's all good... however, *I* would contact 10 Club.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Penny453 wrote:

You never got yours?

I'd contact 10 Club. Even though you ended up paying for one, that is all kinds of just wrong. Maybe there's something they could do. Now, if you don't mind spending the $4 (or whatever) for something that you shouldn't have had to spend additional money on, it's all good... however, *I* would contact 10 Club.
    +1..just contact 10c..they always help..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Penny453 wrote:

You never got yours?

who do I contact? kat?
    ok, just sent Kat a message...I guess I just thought I was screwed and that was that.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Penny453 wrote:
    ok, just sent Kat a message...I guess I just thought I was screwed and that was that.
    if there is a way,they will help u for sure :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Penny453 wrote:
    if there is a way,they will help u for sure :)

thanks guys! I'm glad I said something. They were kind enough to send me one. Thanks 10c! :)