Trouble with youtube on a mac

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited April 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
so i have a macbook and youtube has worked fine on it for a year and a half or so. anyways, just recently maybe within the last few weeks, if i go to youtube, and try to watch a video i have trouble. the video itself plays fine, but if i scroll down to the comments, the page usually freezes. oddly the music, or the video continues to play. it doesnt allow me to scroll up or down, it doesnt allow me to go back. i dont get it. its almost like, if i click on a video and just leave it alone, it works fine, but if i look at comments, or scroll down at all, it freezes. and its not like a computer wide problem. my computer is working fine in all other areas. I have heard that safari/mac users have trouble with youtube, but what doesnt make sense is why i was able to use youtube fine, and not have this happen for a year and a half.

anyone have any suggestions? Whats going on?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I use an eMac at work and pretty much the same thing started happening to me with youtube as well as several other sites. Wasn't much of a facebooker anyway, but I can't go to it anymore without my browser shutting down altogether
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    What version OS are you using?.. I haven't had problems with 10.5 or 10.6.. maybe try updating Safari?

I think my mom had troubles with 10.3. She just downloaded Firefox instead.
  • What version OS are you using?.. I haven't had problems with 10.5 or 10.6.. maybe try updating Safari?

I think my mom had troubles with 10.3. She just downloaded Firefox instead.

i am using 10.5.7 whatever that means
  • i guess i will try updating safari, thanks
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    Try running your software update. An updated OS is a happy OS...
    I smile, but who am I kidding...