Options

I have the "POST TOUR BLUES" thread

EddieWouldKnowEddieWouldKnow Posts: 771
edited July 2008 in The Porch
Ok...........

By all accounts I have absolutely NOTHING in the world to complain about!

I have been blessed with a great husband...two amazing children and everyone I love is safe.

I was lucky enough to see 9 shows this tour.... and I am on board for 4 Eddie solo shows in the coming weeks.

Which is why I hate myself for feeling this way!

WHY CANT I FOCUS????

The whole tour experience is so special.....from the new friends you make to the new cities you see to the unbelievable shows.

This tour brought so many "ah-ha" moments for me it is almost overwhelming.

It's even harder when you try to talk to a friend about the Pearl Jam experience....but they just dont get it :(

Is anyone else feeling this way...if so can you give me some advise on how to shake it?

peace
Lisa
How I choose to feel......is how I am.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    CityMouseCityMouse Posts: 1,010
    this happens to me all the time. there is nothing- NOTHING- in my life I enjoy more than seeing pearl jam live. it's so exciting, leaving work early, meeting up with my brother, driving to the show, picking up the fan club tickets (what are we going to get???) and the finally rocking out to the greatest band in the world. I look forward to this my entire existence.

and then, it's over and back to work, nothing whatsoever going on.

it was really bad for me the first week after the tour, but I've improved. hopefully it will just get better.
  • Options
    TKDTKD Posts: 163
    I've been getting PTD(post tour depression) for years
    it'll be better in a month or so
    Im a million miles away from home and I cant find a telephone...
  • Options
    TKD wrote:
    I've been getting PTD(post tour depression) for years
    it'll be better in a month or so

Uggghhhh.....it's only been 2 weeks....I thought for sure it was longer
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    This happens to me all the time after a tour terminates.

Saw 7 out of the tour this go around , and still couldve tolerated much more, and found that I was missiong it bad the moment the houselights went up at The Beacon.

The best medicine for this would simply be,... more pearl jam .

Doubtful that i will get that, ( but the very next best thing for me, anyhow ) -- but 3 shows at Giants Stadium with Bruce and The "E -Streeters" will serve just as well, and keep me from being hospitalized.

:)

then in august ed solo- that cant be bad.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    ofthegirl75ofthegirl75 New Jersey Posts: 300
    I know what you mean about being depressed its over. I had to wait a long time to see my first show and since then I would go to all of them if I could-but you know life gets in the way! Going to see Coldplay 7-25 in Philly and Rusted Root in Oct. And of course Eddie next month. Keeps me going!
  • Options
    TKDTKD Posts: 163
    I've luckily got a bunch of music coming up(camp bisco, psylab, moe down etc) so the PTD is holding off for now but sep is gonna be rough
    Im a million miles away from home and I cant find a telephone...
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    I used to get the blues after a tour. But this time I feel just fine. I'm so busy I don't have time to get down about not seeing PJ. Always next time I tell myself and I have bootlegs to keep me happy. :)
  • Options
    swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
    Ok...........

I have been blessed with a great husband...two amazing children and everyone I love is safe.

I was lucky enough to see 9 shows this tour.... and I am on board for 4 Eddie solo shows in the coming weeks.

WHY CANT I FOCUS????

The whole tour experience is so special.....from the new friends you make to the new cities you see to the unbelievable shows.

It's even harder when you try to talk to a friend about the Pearl Jam experience....but they just dont get it :(

Is anyone else feeling this way...if so can you give me some advise on how to shake it?

peace
    Lisa

I feel exactly the same way, and I saw 10 shows this tour. I hope PJ does a mini tour on the west coast. I'm dying to see them in Seattle or San Fran.
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    Ok...........

WHY CANT I FOCUS????

peace
    Lisa

I hear ya. Don't know what I'll do after the EV solo tour is over. By the way, are you near Long Beach Island? I was just there on vacation.
    model role model
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    I feel exactly the same way, and I saw 10 shows this tour.

Oh man that's rough. You saw that many and it's alot tougher and more of the blues you get. Hang in there. :)
  • Options
    I feel exactly the same way, and I saw 10 shows this tour. I hope PJ does a mini tour on the west coast. I'm dying to see them in Seattle or San Fran.

I'm hoping too, but I really dont see how it could happen.....

HOWEVER..............if it does I'll be there :D
  • Options
    I hear ya. Don't know what I'll do after the EV solo tour is over. By the way, are you near Long Beach Island? I was just there on vacation.

I don't even want to think about that..........:(
    BTW...I'm an hour north of LBI....hope you had fun!

Patrick

Im so busy too...with work, that's the problem! I get to my desk with the best of intentions and then my brain turns to mush!

Ahhhhhhhhhh ;)
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    I miss my tour friends... a lot...
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    yeah....i know the feeling. Since I'm not going to any of the solo shows, I've started listening to a few Liam Finn songs, followed by some Eddie!!

I miss my tour friends too...I always have so much fun hanging out with old friends and making new...I don't know about you guys, but the older I get, the harder it is making new friends...which is why most of my "newer" friends are Pearl Jam fans!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    seeing other local shows has always helped me in the past.

This is all that I have to look forward to right now:

(hed) pe - Monday night

I need more shows!!!!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    einatshaul wrote:
    I miss my tour friends... a lot...

i miss you too, and everybody else!

for me the post tour depression is more about missing the people, and the fun that we have together!
    They are a bigger part of why i go on tour, than seeing the shows!
    but the bank account is building back up again, and the tour next year will be even bigger and better!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    I used to get the blues after a tour. But this time I feel just fine. I'm so busy I don't have time to get down about not seeing PJ. Always next time I tell myself and I have bootlegs to keep me happy. :)

i agree...after this tour and seeing pearl jam on my honeymoon in Florida, i had to come back to alot of things to keep me busy

we are looking for a house now so that consumes most of my time, as well as working, so i dont have time to get the blues

plus...i get to see Ed in Chicago night 1 so its not too bad :)
  • Options
    BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    If it weren't for the EV tour I would be depressed as hell right now. I was so sad the day after it ended, but luckily found out right away about Ed's tour. 2008 was definitely the most fun I've ever had seeing them and I met a lot of really cool people:)
  • Options
    Oh no...after reading the posts about all of you missing each other I think I'm getting even more sad............

Sad...what a great song :D

Maybe the show tonight will cheer me up!!

PS.....I miss my touring friends too.