NYC30NYC30 Posts: 44
edited April 2010 in The Porch
:::taken down because of the sheer amount of close-mindedness and cynicism on this board. What has happened to this place? Thx for the positive experience from someone who never posts and was just trying to go about something in a different way:::

And PS to the one posted who called me a bigot - nice. That was really called for. Pathetic.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• CranMalReignCranMalReign Posts: 1,928
    RR27016 wrote:
    Requirements for you:
    ...very attractive... this ad is not an attempt to get myself hooked up. ... You MUST send a picture. No pic = no response.

Read: I'm not trying to use PJ to screw babes, but I sure as hell can't be seen in public with a fat chick or anything. Just think of my reputation! I'm only asking you to enjoy PJ with me... definitely no rapies! Ugly and/or fat chicks can't enjoy Pearl Jam as much... SO WOOFERS AND PIGGIES NEED NOT APPLY!
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • RR27016 wrote:
    About me:
    34, very good looking (will gladly trade pics over PM or email or whatever), athletic, professional and well educated, extremely respectful and really an all around good guy probably not dissimilar at all from your own friends.

Requirements for you:
    White, single, 25-36, fun, cool, very attractive and most importantly, really really loves PJ. I mean, here's the thing. I've never posted anything like this before, but I'm a pretty open person and figured what the hell - see if a someone cool wanted to join me for some talk and more listening (to the music, not me). It seemed like a pretty good idea. There are no strings attached here. I'm going to be dancing, jumping, singing - this ad is not an attempt to get myself hooked up. I do just fine in that department and PJ is a completely different animal. I just wanted to share it with someone who is going to enjoy it and lose themselves in the music as much as me! I'm not the kind of guy who feels the need to come home with a girl for the night to be a success...

So, here's what I would like from you if you are interested and things you should know:

1. The ticket is FREE in all respects - no money or anything else expected (if you want to buy me a drink at / before the show, I think I can handle that).

2. You MUST send a picture. No pic = no response. I have to know you're for real. The reason this is being posted over a month before the show is I would like to get to know you a bit before going...will make it more fun/easy

here...let me condense this for you...

single, shallow, racist, narcissistic & recently dumped seeks skinny air head for possible pleasure if you can find it.

gee....big wonder why she is your EX.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • RGarabed21RGarabed21 Posts: 467
    What if this girl fits all the criteria but isnt WHITE???? pretty fucked up in my opinion
    MSG - 6/25/08 EV Solo Tower Theatre - 06/11/09
    Philly 2 - 10/28/09 Philly 3 - 10/30/09
    Philly 4 - 10/31/09
    Boston 1 - 05/17/10
    PruCenter - 05/18/10
    MSG 1 - 05/20/10
    MSG 2 - 05/21/10
    Alpine1 - 09/03/11 Alpine2 - 09/04/11
  • RGarabed21RGarabed21 Posts: 467
    single, shallow, racist, narcissistic & recently dumped seeks skinny air head for possible pleasure if you can find it.

Yeah what he said..beat me to the punch Crazy
    MSG - 6/25/08 EV Solo Tower Theatre - 06/11/09
    Philly 2 - 10/28/09 Philly 3 - 10/30/09
    Philly 4 - 10/31/09
    Boston 1 - 05/17/10
    PruCenter - 05/18/10
    MSG 1 - 05/20/10
    MSG 2 - 05/21/10
    Alpine1 - 09/03/11 Alpine2 - 09/04/11
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    I have an excellent idea. Being that you claim to be very good looking and desirable, you should come by the pre party and auction yourself and your ticket to the highest bidder. Why not make a
    profit for a good cause????? If you are that cute, maybe I'll even bid on it :0) think about it.....
    On second thought, I shouldn't criticize. I mean, everyone's entitled to their opinions. I mean, if I was at a show w/ some ugly fother mucker, it wouldn't matter if PJ played all of my favorite songs for 4 hours... I would just not be able to enjoy myself... everyone staring at me and everything... so after some consideration, I've decided to offer myself up to you so that you may enjoy your PJ experience with no strings attached!

hot-chick-ugly.jpg

PS: I like to get freaky... even though I know that's not what you're looking for.
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • RR27016 wrote:
    OK...I've seen all the "where are the single PJ girls/guys" threads, and so I'm sure this post will elicit a range of responses from humor to sarcasm to encouragement to downright nastiness - but I really don't care. Maybe for every 100 bad responses there will be that one that just "gets it," and that's what I'm hoping for!

OK, here's my situation - I'm a huge PJ fan with fan club seats to the 5/15 show in Hartford (I live in NYC). Anyways, my ex and I used to travel to all of our shows together, but now that she's an ex, I will be traveling alone to this one (going to both NYC shows as well).

So here's the deal...none of my friends wanted to go, and besides it would be a waste to give this ticket to someone who isn't going to love the show as much as me. That being said, I would rather have a great time at the show with a woman than a guy! So, I was wondering if there's anyone who would like to go to the show with me...here are the only requirements and important notes:

About me:
    34, very good looking (will gladly trade pics over PM or email or whatever), athletic, professional and well educated, extremely respectful and really an all around good guy probably not dissimilar at all from your own friends.

Requirements for you:
    White, single, 25-36, fun, cool, very attractive and most importantly, really really loves PJ. I mean, here's the thing. I've never posted anything like this before, but I'm a pretty open person and figured what the hell - see if a someone cool wanted to join me for some talk and more listening (to the music, not me). It seemed like a pretty good idea. There are no strings attached here. I'm going to be dancing, jumping, singing - this ad is not an attempt to get myself hooked up. I do just fine in that department and PJ is a completely different animal. I just wanted to share it with someone who is going to enjoy it and lose themselves in the music as much as me! I'm not the kind of guy who feels the need to come home with a girl for the night to be a success...

So, here's what I would like from you if you are interested and things you should know:

1. The ticket is FREE in all respects - no money or anything else expected (if you want to buy me a drink at / before the show, I think I can handle that).

2. You MUST send a picture. No pic = no response. I have to know you're for real. The reason this is being posted over a month before the show is I would like to get to know you a bit before going...will make it more fun/easy

3. You MUST be a huge PJ fan. Can't stress this one enough. I will NOT be jumping and singing while you just stand (or sit) there haha. I'd rather give my ticket away to a current friend if that were the case. To that end, please at least tell me in your email why you want to go to the show, or what you love about PJ!

That's it! I realize this is a long shot, but they say you can find anything on the internet, so why not a cool, fun, attractive, female PJ fan? Please send PM if interested with email for pic...

165xxx

Right, so here is my take on this post... being a white 26 year old female PJ fan...

You think you're attractive - Ohhhh do you now..... surely that's subjective and decided by your partner/date?
    You want a white girl - Why? do other races explode at PJ shows? Bigot.
    You do fine in the hooking up department - here's a little hint sweetheart, women don't like sluts either.
    Not dissimilar to my own friends - I can assure you, my friends are not like you.
    The ticket is free - bribery.... desperate, much!?
    Must send a picture - so fatties need not apply huh?

Your post is shallow and egotistical. I understand that you want a date but you've gone completely the wrong way about it. I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and hope you've made a mistake... if not, you'll be searching a long time for the hailed PJ girlfriend i'm afraid.

Sorry but i'm just being a pretty open person and I figured what the hell...

I'm so glad I bagged a decent PJ guy a while back... he's nothing like you.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
    Hey OP: What happens if you find twins? Then what are you gonna do? That's twice the Pearl Jam companion fun! But only 1 ticket! ARGH!!!
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Whats wrong with him looking for a white girl?

just being honest about his likes in women

no need to call him a racist
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,824

I was just thinking the same exact thing. Obviously, this guy knows exactly what he is looking for.
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,101
    RR27016 wrote:
    About me:

Requirements for you:

here...let me condense this for you...

:lol:
    Best response yet. You goin' to Buffalo, Crazy Breed?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,694
    Hey OP: What happens if you find twins? Then what are you gonna do? That's twice the Pearl Jam companion fun! But only 1 ticket! ARGH!!!
    Olsen_Twins_1042.jpg
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,445

Exactly....

One thing I can say about the OP???

He followed the rules of the board and didnt personally insult anyone here....

Cant say the same for some of the people who responded.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Whats wrong with him looking for a white girl?

But, if he is not looking for a hook-up or gf, why discriminate?

God damn!!! This place is just about at capacity for douchebags.
  • Whats wrong with him looking for a white girl?

Abso-goddamn-lutely.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • he says he is good looking
    dont other poeple judge that and not your self
    join a fucking dating site
  • ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    Oh, oh! I fit the criteria... there are just a couple of issues:

1. I already have a ticket with a really good number; and
    2. I have standards

Here's an idea (although I like the auction one), how bout you go to the Tickets Needed/Wanted thread and contact the first person on that list looking for a Hartford ticket!? OR just give up both tickets to my awesome friends flying in from Austin... sorry, they're already a PJ couple, but they need tix.
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,796
    Op didn't have to state he was lookin for a white girl

have you been to a show lately?

Their all pretty much white
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Op didn't have to state he was lookin for a white girl

have you been to a show lately?

Their all pretty much white

RACIST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Poncier wrote:
    Olsen_Twins_1042.jpg

No dice! See OP's conditions: must be 25-36. The Olsen twins are only 23!
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • PontikasPontikas Posts: 210
    Hello RR27016,

You should take your mother to the concert.

However, if you find someone else I can take her instead.
    RR27016 wrote:
    :::taken down because of the sheer amount of close-mindedness and cynicism on this board. What has happened to this place? Thx for the positive experience from someone who never posts and was just trying to go about something in a different way:::

And PS to the one posted who called me a bigot - nice. That was really called for. Pathetic.

but she bagged a guy :lol: thats lovely
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,445
    RR27016 wrote:

You have to realize.....

EVERYONE is an angel, on the Pearl Jam Message Pit!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    RR27016 wrote:
    :::taken down because of the sheer amount of close-mindedness ... on this board.

Interesting barb coming from someone who can only rock out w/ hotties. ;) Hope you find your babe, dude!
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    to the OP: i believe anyone has the right to post here and ask what he likes...like u did..i think u did it with the wrong way
    edit..i like redheads 8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045

Abso-goddamn-lutely.

Ladies...TRUST me on this....we hit capacity here a LOOOOOONG time ago.....
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
    i like redheads 8-)

Me too! Only redheads at concerts w/ me from now on! I'm making my wife get a dye-job!
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • BM42909BM42909 Posts: 143
    Why then you not now bitching?
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    Are lesbians eligible?
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    to the OP: i believe anyone has the right to post here and ask what he likes...like u did..i think u did it with the wrong way
    edit..i like redheads 8-)

hairist. :D

I have brown hair and I am sooooooooo offended :D
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014