I HATE AUTHORITY

lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
edited April 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone else hate authority.
I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    im nondiscriminatory.. i just hate all people.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,283
    6a00d8341c5d9653ef011570917eb3970c-800wi
  • Then start a punk band so everyone knows it
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    depends on who they are and if they abuse it.

the .gov, i pretty much have a disdain for. cops are ok (execpt the corrupt ones)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    A. That's why I do what I do so I make money and have few people telling me what to do.
    B. I especially hate it when someone tells me what I can't do...like the time my wife said that I would NOT be going to all 4 Philly shows this past fall, or that I would NOT buy the Trinidad Scorpion pepper plant. We now have a hot pepper plant in the garden, and I have all 4 ticket stubs hanging on the wall in my basement. ;)
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Then start a punk band so everyone knows it

And cover Circle Jerks' song 'Question Authority'!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    RW81233 wrote:
    A. That's why I do what I do so I make money and have few people telling me what to do.
    B. I especially hate it when someone tells me what I can't do...like the time my wife said that I would NOT be going to all 4 Philly shows this past fall, or that I would NOT buy the Trinidad Scorpion pepper plant. We now have a hot pepper plant in the garden, and I have all 4 ticket stubs hanging on the wall in my basement. ;)

Word to yo mutha! 8-)
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    mca47 wrote:
    6a00d8341c5d9653ef011570917eb3970c-800wi
    I was way too late!
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• LauriLauri Posts: 748
    I don't hate authority, but I have always had a rabid natural instinct to rebel against anything I can. Never done anything major, but since I could walk and talk I've always done small little things to show adults, teachers, bosses, etc that I'm autonomous. Someone tells me to do something, I will probably do the exact opposite. Haha I've been 14 for the last 18 years.
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    I have never been too fond of authority, but at some point in my life I realized I better go with the flow or I will constantly be in a battle swimming upstream.
    I still find myself fighting authority now and then and it always gets me in trouble.
    Save room for dessert!
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i got fired from my only 'corporate' job because i don't react well to authority...however, in that case the person in authority was an asshat...but then it usually is :mrgreen:
  • LauriLauri Posts: 748
    norm wrote:
    i got fired from my only 'corporate' job because i don't react well to authority...however, in that case the person in authority was an asshat...but then it usually is :mrgreen:

This is something I have always hated about jobs- and mind you it's not about "working" or laziness, it's about the way jobs work:

you spend your whole childhood and teenage years learning how to be an independently functioning adult. As you go through school, you get a little more independence and less structure. When you're in high school teachers warn you that in college there's no one to tell you what to do, and you have to make your own rules and take responsibility for yourself. And yeah, you get to college and that's the case- you are totally free. You can work where or whenever you want, you get respect from professors for thinking for yourself or doing things your own way...then you graduate and you're suddenly in kindergarden again. Suddenly, someone is telling you what time to work, what time to stop working, how to do things, what to wear, how neat to keep your work space...you're confined to the same work space all day like an elementary schooler...it's just so bizarre! I had one job for about a year that had all of these "rules" in the extreme, and I HATED it. It didn't matter that I was doing an f'ing good job, I kept getting "talked" to for- no lie- not changing out of my sneakers and into "dress code" shoes, showing up 15 minutes late, spending too much time chatting with coworkers. It was EXACTLY like being a little kid. The last straw was when my back was really hurting from the cheap chairs we had to sit in, so I went to the conference room and grabbed a different chair to sit on for a while. An hour later, the PRESIDENT of the company had told the office manager to remind me that those chairs were only for the conference room and I wasn't allowed to sit on them. Honestly the way corporate America works I'm surprised more people don't completely break down and go postal.
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Lauri wrote:
    I don't hate authority, but I have always had a rabid natural instinct to rebel against anything I can. Never done anything major, but since I could walk and talk I've always done small little things to show adults, teachers, bosses, etc that I'm autonomous. Someone tells me to do something, I will probably do the exact opposite. Haha I've been 14 for the last 18 years.

Thats how I am, to old to change I guess. Most of the supervisors where I work have the job because the knew someone higher up, not because they actually know anything. So for me it's gives all the more reason to hate authority. I do like do little things, like ask a lot of questions in which they don't know the answer to :D. They seem caught a little off guard at times.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    I'm not a big fan of authority, especially at work.
    What I have found works though, is trying to do my job really well (im a newspaper reporter, so I take a lot of person pride in my work), that way, even if I'm not doing things exactly the way the higher-ups want, I'm still doing a good job, a lot of times a better job than the other reporters, so I'm not high on the "get bitched at" list.
    Also- to coin an old phrase, I find it much better to beg for forgiveness then to ask for permission :lol:
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i love it.... i'd have been quite high up in the Nazi army i reckon. :twisted:

to the OP, if you hate authority then you must hate the mods on here. I dare you to get banned. ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • OffHeGoes29OffHeGoes29 Posts: 1,240
    From my experience, people who have a blind hate for authority are usually insecure.
    BRING BACK THE WHALE
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    lukin2006 wrote:
    gotta have authority.
    sorry you are on the wrong end of the stick.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I guess I have no authority in my life, just my own conscience.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    chadwick wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    gotta have authority.

Then you've been conned.

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    lukin2006 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    gotta have authority.

Then you've been conned.
    i highly doubt i have been swindled
    but thank you anyway
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce