How do we know for sure?

Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
edited April 2010 in The Porch
How do we know for sure that the Boston Garden will not have to host a (basketball, hockey) playoff game on May 17th?

And if that is the case, what happens? Is the show moved to another venue? Or is it cancelled all togehter?
Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    How do we know for sure that the Boston Garden will not have to host a (basketball, hockey) playoff game on May 17th?

And if that is the case, what happens? Is the show moved to another venue? Or is it cancelled all togehter?

I'm assuming they have these amazing inventions called calendars and they plan around certain dates.

Sorry, I had to be a smart ass. :D
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875

you really needed to start a new thread about this?
  • mumble18mumble18 Posts: 17
    that's been my contention all along... if PJ really wanted to sell the show, couldn't they have done so way back when the others went on sale? mind you i've no idea how the venue reservations work, but i don't understand how the 17th was any better or a more secure date than the 18th. a month ago, all the NBA and NHL playoffs were a crap shoot, weren't they? now they stand the chance of getting the date squeezed out for playoffs. seems to me there had to be more to it than that. but what do i know? not much. still hoping boston2 gets scheduled.
    1992 : mansfield - 1996 : augusta, hartford - 1998 : denver
    2000 : pittsburgh, albuquerque, phoenix, las vegas
    2003 : san antonio, albany, mansfield3
    2004 : boston1, boston2
    2006 : albany, boston1, boston2
    2008 : hartford, mansfield1, mansfield2
    2009 : toronto, philly3, philly4 (+eddie : albany1, albany2)
    2010 : buffalo, hartford, boston, msg1, msg2
    2011 : eddie: providence, boston, hartford, philly. PJ20 ?
  • RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    The playoff schedule is already set.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
    The Garden has obligations to the Celtics and Bruins.

When PJ approached them, they asked for 2 dates. Because of potential playoff games for both teams, the Garden said that they could guarantee one date, but not two. PJ said that they would like to have the 2nd date if possible, and the Garden said that they would let them know as soon as possible, and if that date is free, they will give it to them.
  • Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860

This has to do with boston 1, not boston 2, and its a legit concern because concerts have been cnacelled for this same exact reason before genius. so step off your high horse asshole
  • RiotAct10RiotAct10 Posts: 1,618
    As has been pointed out, the NBA and NHL (as well as NFL, MLB, etc.) set their playoff schedules ahead of time, but they don't know who will be in them, or who will the hosts of each series until the regular season is over. So basically, the arena knew that their might be a conflict in that either the NBA or NHL had that night scheduled for a playoff game, but first the Celtics and Bruins had to make the playoffs, and then it came down to seeding to determine whether they would be at home, or on the road on the 18th. On the 17th the arena must have said, there will be no NHL or NBA games that night, so it's all yours, and as for the 18th, it was just more of a, "let's let the regular season play-out, and if the date is open, you can have it."

And obviously other places did this to, but with one date. In Cleveland, they knew the Cavs would be in the playoffs, but they knew they wouldnt be playing that night. In 2006 it was during the Cavs and Pistons playoffs, and I think it was something like Pj condert in Detroit one night, B-Ball game in Detroit the next night, PJ Concert in Cleveland the next night, BBall game in Cleveland the next night. The arenas are smart enough that they won't schedule a show on a possible game night, so if they gave PJ the go-ahead to play a show on a certain night, there will not be any sports played in that arena that night, they know it will be an off-night.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth | 6.22.24 Dublin | 8.26.24 Noblesville
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158

This has to do with boston 1, not boston 2, and its a legit concern because concerts have been cnacelled for this same exact reason before genius. so step off your high horse asshole

wow :lol:
  • KatKat Posts: 4,842
    To anyone who likes to post here...

Based on a few recent topics that called for attention:

It's important to discuss and debate politely without making personal and ridiculing comments about other members here. If someone can't do that, how about just reading and not posting...try that. It isn't important to share every negative thought that runs through one's mind. It's that important to preserve posting privileges.

Admin
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Kat is da bomb :mrgreen:
    Have a good day Kat.

so i misread your thread... it's about boston1.. not boston2... doesn't make it any less of a "quality" thread

please provide one example where a concert was cancelled due to a sporting event

i'll be waiting

oh and careful with the name calling
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    Kat wrote:

It's important to discuss and debate politely without making personal and ridiculing comments about other members here. If someone can't do that, how about just reading and not posting...try that. It isn't important to share every negative thought that runs through one's mind. It's that important to preserve posting privileges.

Admin

Post of the year!

clap, clap!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
    locked wrote:
    Kat wrote:

Admin

Post of the year!

clap, clap!

kiss ass

she's still not going to give you boston tix ;)
    locked wrote:
    Kat wrote:

Admin

Post of the year!

clap, clap!

kiss ass

she's still not going to give you boston tix ;)
    yea man im not playing your game anymore. i looked at a bucnh of your posts and they are all pretty much negative response to anything anyone says. so enjoy being a mean spirited guy on this board. im gonna step back and try to put myself above this chicanery. have a nice day dude :)

also sorry for calling you an asshole, it was uncalled for.
  • Word of the Day....CHICANERY!!!!
    A word far too often ignored!!!!
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
    Word of the Day....CHICANERY!!!!
    A word far too often ignored!!!!
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/chicanery
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    No comment.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley