washers & dryers

chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
edited April 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
i like watching laundry spin around
am i weird?

i've had this set about 12 yrs or so.
never once have they broke down.
i am pleased.
i think they are Roper brand made by Whirlpool.

do you have any laundry stories?
when you were a child did you ever hide in the hamper?
maybe you are hiding in the hamper right now?
for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
I am tired; my heart is
sick and sad. From where
the sun stands I will fight
no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    We had a laundry shoot that went to the basement laundry room when I was growing up. The clothes landed in a wooden cage type thing suspended about 4 feet off the ground. I was the youngest by 6 years of 4 girls. We would play pirate and my sisters would lock me up in the laundry shoot hamper cage thing. It felt quite authentic, very "piratey". Sometimes they would forget me :shock: Its still there. I saw it in 08 when my Mothers house was for sale again in Milwaukee and I walked through on an open house. It had been a lifetime past, 30 years. Everything looked so small including the cage :)
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    pandora wrote:
    We had a laundry shoot that went to the basement laundry room when I was growing up. The clothes landed in a wooden cage type thing suspended about 4 feet off the ground. I was the youngest by 6 years of 4 girls. We would play pirate and my sisters would lock me up in the laundry shoot hamper cage thing. It felt quite authentic, very "piratey". Sometimes they would forget me :shock: Its still there. I saw it in 08 when my Mothers house was for sale again in Milwaukee and I walked through on an open house. It had been a lifetime past, 30 years. Everything looked so small including the cage :)

cool story.
    hamper pirate ships rule. :mrgreen:

my two brothers and me used to stand in line awaiting our turn riding in the dryer.
    one blue motor cycle helmet was shared
    three boys.
    one dryer.
    one basement.

it went like this:
    welcome to squirrel fest 3000! (runnin around like idiots)
    here you can paint your new school clothes (the ones from Sears and Jc Penny's) safety yellow.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    chadwick wrote:
    pandora wrote:

cool story.
    hamper pirate ships rule. :mrgreen:

my two brothers and me used to stand in line awaiting our turn riding in the dryer.
    one blue motor cycle helmet was shared
    three boys.
    one dryer.
    one basement.

it went like this:
    welcome to squirrel fest 3000! (runnin around like idiots)
    here you can paint your new school clothes (the ones from Sears and Jc Penny's) safety yellow.
    riding IN the dryer :shock: never heard of that but it must have been fun.
    I love the thought of new school clothes and shoes. I can remember how they smell and laying them out the night before. It was always still too hot to wear them too, wool skirts and sweaters, tights to match. Oh, hey do you remember stocking caps? I love those, long to your waist almost, striped with the ball on the end and you always knew if a boy liked you cause they would run by and grab it off your head and run with it. Being a kid was fun, mostly.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    my dryer has broke down twice in the last 3 years since i bought the house. first was the ignitors, than the temp sensor. couple hundred bucks down the drain. next time it craps out, it's getting a big swift kick to the curb. ah who em i kidding, i'll fix it again. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    pandora wrote:
    riding IN the dryer :shock: never heard of that but it must have been fun.
    I love the thought of new school clothes and shoes. I can remember how they smell and laying them out the night before. It was always still too hot to wear them too, wool skirts and sweaters, tights to match. Oh, hey do you remember stocking caps? I love those, long to your waist almost, striped with the ball on the end and you always knew if a boy liked you cause they would run by and grab it off your head and run with it. Being a kid was fun, mostly.

yeah riding in the dryer was pretty neat.
    never in there long enough to get hot.
    yeah we painted our new school clothes, that was awesome.

being a kid was good times.

yeah i remember stocking caps.
    i think these are beanies nowadays, yes?

ever shoot old washers/dryer out in the woods?
    good targets couple hundreds yards off.
    or 5 ft away :mrgreen:
    sounds like 81 might wanna try it

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,045
    81 wrote:
    my dryer has broke down twice in the last 3 years since i bought the house. first was the ignitors, than the temp sensor. couple hundred bucks down the drain. next time it craps out, it's getting a big swift kick to the curb. ah who em i kidding, i'll fix it again. :lol:
    ignitors? gas dryer?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:
    ignitors? gas dryer?

gas is the only way

there are a pair of ceramic looking things that light the flame.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    chadwick wrote:
    i like watching laundry spin around
    am i weird?

i've had this set about 12 yrs or so.
    never once have they broke down.
    i am pleased.
    i think they are Roper brand made by Whirlpool.

do you have any laundry stories?
    when you were a child did you ever hide in the hamper?
    maybe you are hiding in the hamper right now?

mmmm different maybe :lol:

No laundry stories here. But cousins did used to tell thier youngest sister that she was adopted as they had no baby photos of her!! :o