Eddie/Split Enz

DavieBDavieB Posts: 222
edited April 2010 in The Porch
I had my mp3 player on random the other day, and the following song came on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_37Kl473jpE

It instantly reminded me of "Rise" from the ITW soundtrack, specifically the guitar playing. Never noticed it before really.

Anyone else think so?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    definitely. good pick.

and though ed's never made any secret of his lurrrrrrrve for the enz, that's not exactly a song that is all that indicative of the band's more famous songs. which makes it even cooler.
  • DavieBDavieB Posts: 222
    doompony wrote:
    and though ed's never made any secret of his lurrrrrrrve for the enz, that's not exactly a song that is all that indicative of the band's more famous songs. which makes it even cooler.

Exactly what I thought! :)
  • jwagnerjwagner Posts: 435
    yep, pretty similar vibe, good call! Split Enz is awesome, that song is from their first album ('Mental Notes'), which is a total prog rock album, and it's great. I love that Eddie has probably turned lots of people onto Split Enz, who are an extremely underrated band. They should've been as big as the Beatles...or least Pearl Jam themselves. :)

Much love to the Finns and company!
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die...the in between is mine"
  • DavieBDavieB Posts: 222
    jwagner wrote:
    Much love to the Finns and company!

Totally! Crowded House is my favourite band, looking forward to hearing their new album (no matter how bizarre the cover is...) and seeing them live this year! :D
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    Ed singing 'Stuff & Nonsense' at 7 Worlds Collide came up on my ipod today & I was awestruck for a moment, just OMFG Ed singing Split Enz!! WOW! :D
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    ed and neil did it better in boston. much nicer voice combo
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    Oh really? Wow. Loved when that came on today. Got a silly little grin on my face sitting on the bus. ;)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    we have our ipod docks at work and one of the guys and I always yell out to each other when one of us ed singing enz or crowdies songs (with or without the finns)...but I blew him away when I got him to try and guess who was singing H&C Throw Your Arms around me, with Ed......he was amazed it was Liam Finn!! Very cool crew! :D