Anybody else kinda miss the Leash campaign?

BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
edited April 2010 in The Porch
Man there was SO much anticipation for this song. I'm happy they brought it back, and especially happy to have witnessed the madness, but I kinda miss having an across the board holy grail of a tune. There was nonstop talk about it, whether they'd ever play it again, what it would be like, etc. It was a huge deal right after Boston 2, but as soon as it was played 2-3 times, not a lot of people seemed to care. I was in high school at the time and Leash was extremely important to me- it seemed like all PJ fans felt the same way about it. But after it was played I started getting the feeling that a lot of fans base their enjoyment of a concert on impressive, brag worthy setlist rather than songs they really love and connect too. I'm not knocking PJ fans, I've overall had a great experience with them. I've only been to 16 shows, so it's easier for me to say this than those lucky enough to have made 50+. I just miss the feeling of a massive fanbase expressing love for a single song and holding out together for a live return. Definitely sounds cheesy...but I guess it's kinda in the same way some people miss being a pre-2004 Red Sox fan. Anyway, I'm bored at work and just thought I'd share some thoughts. :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• zootownzootown Posts: 666
    I thought I had read somewhere that the "drop the leash, get out of my fuckin face" line was one that Eddie just wasn't feeling anymore, and that Stone had grown tired of the song altogether. Personally, not one of my favs. However, I am noticing several songs that are getting played less and less that are favs: Blood, Last Exit, Grievance, Wash. Especially Blood...always a great first set closer. Im wondering how much Eddie's voice is agreeing with these songs anymore.
    I hold the pain, release me!
  • Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    PLAY LEASH YOU FUCKING PUSSIES
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    PLAY LEASH YOU FUCKING PUSSIES
    Last show I went to I meant to take a sign "Play Evenflow You Pussies" forgot but still found it amusing.
    #FHP
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    I kinda miss it.
    But it was a little painful watching the faces of pj when the chants would not stop and the signs…the relentless waving signs. The band members…I felt embarrassed on their behalf.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*