Wicked Summer -- Boston's own Jersey Shore

FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
edited April 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
They were talking about this on the local news the other day, looks like the apocalypse is coming to our state.

http://www.nesn.com/2010/04/massachusetts-version-of-jersey-shore-coming-to-cape-cod.html
Massachusetts Version of 'Jersey Shore' Coming to Cape Cod
by Scott McLaughlin on Apr 12, 2010 6:40:28 PM

Do you consider Fenway Park and the Garden second homes? Are 4, 8, 9 and 33 your favorite numbers? Are your top five teams the Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics, Patriots and whoever’s playing the Yankees? Do you have a pet named Yaz, Russell, Pedro or Brady? Do you curse profusely any time someone mentions Bucky Dent, Guy Lafleur, Aaron Boone or David Tyree?

If you answered yes to one or more of the above questions, you should consider auditioning for Wicked Summer, a new MTV reality show being billed as the Massachusetts version of Jersey Shore.

Doron Ofir Casting, the same casting company that was involved with Jersey Shore, is now looking for "blue collar, hard working, harder partying, tough talking, damn good looking Mass natives from all over the state" for the show, which will be set on Cape Cod, according to a post on the company’s Web site.

Below is the casting call in full.

You come from all over -- Gloucester, Worcester, South End, Charlestown, Chicopee and South Swansea. You share a love for muscle cahs, hair products and little necks on the frickin half shell. You don’t take [crap] from nobody -- least of all each othah. You are the hottest girls and proudly buff guys from Massa-freakin-chusetts who believe in God, family, the Red Sox and partying!!

You ready to live togethah, laugh togethah, drink togethah and love togethah?

You'll pahty on the beaches of the Cape where roast beef subs and cases of Narragansett Light are on every Celtics towel next to a bottle of baby oil and a can of hair spray!

Are you down for one wicked cool summah, and to be a part of the most wicked reality show evah!?

Doron Ofir Casting is looking for blue collar, hard working, harder partying, tough talking, damn good looking Mass natives from all over the state. ... Yea we'll consider preps from Wellesley too if they got what it takes.

Get ready for the summer of your life on the show that will knock the sox off the Red Sox, blow cannons from Lexington to Cornwall and make you wish you remembered where you pahked your frickin cah cause that clunker is in Jersey!

In addition to being a die-hard Boston sports fan, other attributes that will probably help you get selected include:

* A profound love of Sam Adams beer.
* The ability to flawlessly navigate a rotary.
* A refusal to use your blinkah.
* An understanding that a yellow light means you still have five seconds to get through the intersection.
* An understanding that stop signs mean yield, and that yield signs should be ignored.
* The common decency to flip the bird to anyone who cuts you off.
* An understanding of the I-95/Route 128 conundrum.
* An understanding of what a bubblah is.
* The ability to correctly pronounce Worcester, Gloucester, Leominster and Peabody.
* Having friends named Fitzy, Mac and Sully.
"FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • BrezBrez Posts: 570
    I can't wait for my region of the country to be as grossly misrepresented as New Jersey was
    And before his first step... He's off again...
  • Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,331
    Brez wrote:
    I can't wait for my region of the country to be as grossly misrepresented as New Jersey was

I can't wait to see what moron they pull out of my area of Mass. Odds are it'll be some over tanned, over muscled, over tattooed, body shaving, half wit meatball. I'll watch the first episode just to see the steriotype of a Masshole come to reality.

We're one step closer to the Apocalypse.

I'm also pumped that they included the exact area (South Swansea) where I grew up in their promo. Awesome.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Oh for fucks sakes
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    The MTV executives must have been pondering "How do we 1-up the a-hole factor???".

Congrats, Boston :mrgreen:
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Any chance we could lock both groups in a cage and let them kill each other? Might win some kind of humanitarian award...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
    This show will probably be a complete disaster, but I will most likely take subtle enjoyment out of the train wreck. We shall see...
  • I thoroughly enjoyed the Jersey Shore every thursday night. The highlight. I enjoy watching drama, as long as I am not involved. Okay, I will go away now...
    I thoroughly enjoyed the Jersey Shore every thursday night. The highlight. I enjoy watching drama, as long as I am not involved. Okay, I will go away now...
    What was that, ms. wes c.addle? :lol:
  • I thoroughly enjoyed the Jersey Shore every thursday night. The highlight. I enjoy watching drama, as long as I am not involved. Okay, I will go away now...
    What was that, ms. wes c.addle? :lol:
    Who, me? I didn't say a word.... I swear! ;)
  • Brez wrote:
    grossly misrepresented?!?!
    :lol::lol::lol:
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Brez wrote:

I can't wait to see what moron they pull out of my area of Mass. Odds are it'll be some over tanned, over muscled, over tattooed, body shaving, half wit meatball. I'll watch the first episode just to see the steriotype of a Masshole come to reality.

We're one step closer to the Apocalypse.

I'm also pumped that they included the exact area (South Swansea) where I grew up in their promo. Awesome.

typical-douchebag2.jpg
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    typical-douchebag2.jpg
    This looks like every kid I went to high school with! :lol::lol::lol:
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    I'm not much of a sports fan (blasphemy in this state, I know) but all of the attributes listed at the end of the first post totally apply to me. I actually caught myself flipping the bird to someone who cut me off the other day. I didn't realize I had such common decency :)
  • typical-douchebag2.jpg
    Wait a fucking second!!!
    FF- So you don't look like this either?!? What the hell!

This is soooo disappointing... :cry:
    typical-douchebag2.jpg
    Wait a fucking second!!!
    FF- So you don't look like this either?!? What the hell!

This is soooo disappointing... :cry:
    I will admit though, I do own and wear three different pink polo shirts. But I wear them a hell of a lot better than this kid.
  • Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,331
    As long as you don't pop the collar everthing is fine. This picture represents why I never go out to a bar at night anymore. Everytime you go out around here you see these douches and all you can smell is their cheap cologne. I could never understand why chicks dig these meatheads.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
    No poppin' going on here kid. My friends little brother and all his friends think it's cool to wear two polos at the same time with the collar popped! So dumb. You might be getting that on Wicked Summer, airing this fall on MTV! :lol:
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Brez wrote:
    most of the jersey shore cast was from ny
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• LauriLauri Posts: 748
    Jason P wrote:
    The MTV executives must have been pondering "How do we 1-up the a-hole factor???".

Slate gave them the idea. They had an article during the height of Jersey Shore basically outlining a Massholes show for them.

I think the casting call was definitely written by someone who is NOT from MA...but I also think that if I were just a few years younger I'd see a lot of the people I went to high school with on MTV!