regrouting tile in the kitchen

mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,045
edited April 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Hoo boy, removing the old is a fucking CHORE!!!!!! Got a cool ass power tool to help , but DAMN!!!!!
_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Are you putting in new tile? Just curious.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,977
    I once removed grout from 600 square feet of floor tile with a hand held "grout saw." Fuck me! I spent four days leaning on my left hand, ending up losing feeling in it and was scared enough to go see a hand doctor before the feeling finally came back and I was able to straighten my fingers.

Then, a few years later (after re-grouting) we tore it ALL out and put down hardwood. :roll:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,045
    No, the tile stays. except for one tile that needs replaced.10 years ago when I installed the tile i never got around to sealing the grout. It's light in color and got dirty rather quickly.So, this past year my cousin(I live in my Aunts house) halfass attempted to regrout it and lets just say it wasn't the best job.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    imalive wrote:
    I once removed grout from 600 square feet of floor tile with a hand held "grout saw." Fuck me! I spent four days leaning on my left hand, ending up losing feeling in it and was scared enough to go see a hand doctor before the feeling finally came back and I was able to straighten my fingers.

Then, a few years later (after re-grouting) we tore it ALL out and put down hardwood. :roll:
    good god man...
    damn
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    imalive wrote:

Yeah I have one of those. Not gonna happen. My Aunt bought this power multitool by Fein? One of those vibrating deals.Fucking blades are expensive. already went through one of them carbide tipped. Looked online , 37 and change to replace the one she had. Gonna try to talk her into the diamond tipped blade. 100 bucks but supposed to last alot longer. As it is , If I continue using the type she already had , looking to spend about 120. So it seems worth it to me.

• eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    mickeyrat wrote:
    No, the tile stays. except for one tile that needs replaced.10 years ago when I installed the tile i never got around to sealing the grout. It's light in color and got dirty rather quickly.So, this past year my cousin(I live in my Aunts house) halfass attempted to regrout it and lets just say it wasn't the best job.

If I have told you once, I have told you 1,000 times, you have to seal the grout... Wait, that isn't what I've always told you. That was someone else. What I told you was to always make sure the lips of your enemies are sealed shut forever, just like a good grout line. bah, six of one...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Yeah I have one of those. Not gonna happen. My Aunt bought this power multitool by Fein? One of those vibrating deals.Fucking blades are expensive. already went through one of them carbide tipped. Looked online , 37 and change to replace the one she had. Gonna try to talk her into the diamond tipped blade. 100 bucks but supposed to last alot longer. As it is , If I continue using the type she already had , looking to spend about 120. So it seems worth it to me.

I'd rather end up in a doctor's office than pay 100 bucks! :lol::lol:

38577542-4bac-4964-8764-7edd6ead0097_300.jpg

It was one of those jobs that, by the end, I was hoping someone would just shoot me.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

I'd rather end up in a doctor's office than pay 100 bucks! :lol::lol:

38577542-4bac-4964-8764-7edd6ead0097_300.jpg

It was one of those jobs that, by the end, I was hoping someone would just shoot me.
    riiiiiiiiight. But I'm a tad older and wiser. Plus it's not my money!!!!!! :mrgreen: We're getting the diamond blade. Confirmed.

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    imalive wrote:

during that time you had no feeling in your hand did you eh... partake in a five finger shuffle and just pretend it was someone else?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    mickeyrat wrote:
    riiiiiiiiight. But I'm a tad older and wiser. Plus it's not my money!!!!!! :mrgreen: We're getting the diamond blade. Confirmed.

wiser, maybe. older, I doubt.
    dunkman wrote:
    during that time you had no feeling in your hand did you eh... partake in a five finger shuffle and just pretend it was someone else?

:shh: :shh: :shh:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

wiser, maybe. older, I doubt. quote]
    42 in July?

I've got a fucking AARP card. :shock: :wtf: :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    I've got a fucking AARP card. :shock: :wtf: :lol:
    alrighty then. wiser it is!!!! :lol::lol::lol: your avatar throws me!!!