No Ceiling

arqarq Posts: 8,012
edited April 2010 in The Porch
omg no ceiling is a master piece in an album full of master pieces...

Ok it's been 3 years since ITW came out and I'm still listening to it very often, am I the only one?

Sorry for the little rant and the useless thread but dang it ITW must be better than crack!
"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    arq wrote:
    omg no ceiling is a master piece in an album full of master pieces...

Ok it's been 3 years since ITW came out and I'm still listening to it very often, am I the only one?

Sorry for the little rant and the useless thread but dang it ITW must be better than crack!
    I've gone out on a limb before and said that this song is eddie's greatest work ever.
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,475
    I can't stop listening to "Rise" myself. I am just now discoveing ITW as I do not own it yet but after hearing the Deadliest Catch commercial I am obsessed with it. Can't wait to get into the other songs such as "No Ceiling".
  • OkOk Posts: 2,144
    Yes, it is a masterpiece, and it deserves to be brought up again - thanks Arq. I think it was recorded beautifully too. Great fidelity. 8-)
  • Most played song on my iTunes! Best song off of ITW, short and beautiful. Awesome lyrics and fits the movie perfectly!
    2006: Albany
    2008: MSG I, MSG II, Newark(EV)
    2009: Albany 1-2(EV), Philly 3
    2010: Boston, MSG I
    2013: Buffalo, Brooklyn II, Hartford
    2016: MSG 1, MSG II, Fenway 1
  • sabreleafsabreleaf Posts: 310
    I still play it. I love this album too. I think Hard Sun is one of the best songs ever. I know he didn't write it but the way he plays and sings... it is amazing. I was crazy about Rise also right away and it's cool it's been used in two commercials already.
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    They place it so well in the movie too.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • sabreleaf wrote:
    I still play it. I love this album too. I think Hard Sun is one of the best songs ever. I know he didn't write it but the way he plays and sings... it is amazing. I was crazy about Rise also right away and it's cool it's been used in two commercials already.

I love Rise. I feel like it has something special added to it when played live.
    2006: Albany
    2008: MSG I, MSG II, Newark(EV)
    2009: Albany 1-2(EV), Philly 3
    2010: Boston, MSG I
    2013: Buffalo, Brooklyn II, Hartford
    2016: MSG 1, MSG II, Fenway 1
  • Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    +1 amazing
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    arq wrote:
    ITW must be better than crack!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    No Ceiling is easily my favorite off the album.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I woke up to that song in my head just the other morning, love it.

I wake up with a song in my head all the time, I often wonder where they come from because they range from classic rock to show tunes Christmas songs???? :lol:

what does my brain do at night?