HBO Series- TREME

intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
edited June 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
As someone who LOVED the wire I of course had to tune in for David Simon's new series on HBO that started this past sunday TREME about life and the music scene in New Orleans in the aftermath of Katrina.

I thought the first episode was pretty good. nice to see Elvis Costello in the show. Loved Bunk from The wire's charactor (not sure of his name on treme).

i like how similar to the wire it has lots of different charactors that we get to see different sides of life and I also dig how it focuses on the music scene so much.

After one episode i'm intrigued enough to keep watching.

Anyone else checking this out?
Charlotte 00
Charlotte 03
Asheville 04
Atlanta 12
Greenville 16, Columbia 16
Seattle 18 
Nashville 22
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I too was a big fan of the wire. I have not seen this show yet. What day and time is it on. You being a wire fan i will def give it a shot.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I too was a big fan of the wire. I have not seen this show yet. What day and time is it on. You being a wire fan i will def give it a shot.
    It came on Sunday at 10pm (right after The Pacific)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    So I am really the only person here watching this ?

:(

It is good. Each week i'm sucked in this past week's episode was so sad for so many people but at the same time you see the overcoming the obstacles in their lives and moving forward.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    intodeep wrote:

It is good. Each week i'm sucked in this past week's episode was so sad for so many people but at the same time you see the overcoming the obstacles in their lives and moving forward.
    Hadn't heard of it until now. I'll check it out though.
    NERDS!
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    intodeep wrote:

I'm watching! I missed about four episodes but caught up on demand over the weekend. It's a really good show about my hometown and the only television/movie to capture what it is like there.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
    rrivers wrote:
    intodeep wrote:

I'm watching! I missed about four episodes but caught up on demand over the weekend. It's a really good show about my hometown and the only television/movie to capture what it is like there.

Last night's episode was a bummer. Not gonna give away any spoilers if anyone didn't watch it but it sure made me think as i laid down to go to bed last night.

Love when a show can do that. It's when i know I'm watching something good and not some bullshit american idol crap
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    Would love to watch this show. Unfortunately with the Extra Innings package, HBO had to be sacrificed. I have heard nothing but great things about it though.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Would love to watch this show. Unfortunately with the Extra Innings package, HBO had to be sacrificed. I have heard nothing but great things about it though.

Extra innings is awesome. Maybe it will be on demand if you pick HBO back up in November :D .

intodeep, I haven't seen the episode but one of my facebook friends asked a question about it that gave stuff away. It did sound like a bummer.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    rrivers wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Extra innings is awesome. Maybe it will be on demand if you pick HBO back up in November :D .

intodeep, I haven't seen the episode but one of my facebook friends asked a question about it that gave stuff away. It did sound like a bummer.

Extra Innings is essential being a Yanks fan relocated to Philly but I do miss HBO. Plan to pick it back up and am hoping it will be on demand. Otherwise I will jsut pick up the DVDs of Netflix or something.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    rrivers wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Extra Innings is essential being a Yanks fan relocated to Philly but I do miss HBO. Plan to pick it back up and am hoping it will be on demand. Otherwise I will jsut pick up the DVDs of Netflix or something.

Yeah I'm a Dodger fan living in Northern California. Extra innings is the best thing since color TV.
  • LastExit23LastExit23 Posts: 32
    I have really enjoyed the first season. I can't wait for the finale tomorrow. Without spoiling, last week was a total heartbreak. But that is Simon, the drama he puts out is authentic. I am really hoping for an episode centered on the Saints return to the dome next season.
    let the ocean swell, dissolve away my past...
    LastExit23 wrote:
    I have really enjoyed the first season. I can't wait for the finale tomorrow. Without spoiling, last week was a total heartbreak. But that is Simon, the drama he puts out is authentic. I am really hoping for an episode centered on the Saints return to the dome next season.

Yeah it is a great show. A good blog I read is http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan- ... ng-me-down.

He breaks down each show and he said that George Pelecanos would typically write the penultimate episode of "The Wire" where characters would typically die, more than in the final episode of the season. One of my facebook friends spoiled this episode for me (I typically don't watch "Treme" until Friday on demand when I am off). It would have been fun to watch it without knowing what was going to happen. I wonder if I would have seen it coming.

Good call on the Saints return episode. That would be great. Hopefully it stays on the air long enough to capture the Super Bowl!
  • jmurrayjmurray Posts: 3,538
    intodeep wrote:

Usually DVR it and watch during the week. I think it's good. Would like to know what people from New Orleans think.
    jmurray wrote:
    intodeep wrote:

Usually DVR it and watch during the week. I think it's good. Would like to know what people from New Orleans think.

I'm from New Orleans and I love it. It captures what the city is like better than any movie/show I've seen. No horrible accents either!
    i thought the final episode was pretty good.
    I wonder if season two will focus on life during the storm for those who stayed and those watching the destruction from a distance?
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    I enjoyed the final episode too.